51

Khalifa hugged Karima tight and picked her up as though she weighed nothing. Her laughs filled his ears as he joined in too.

"You almost made me pee my pants" He said and she laughed more.

"I wanted to tease you, since you were so sure"

"No more teasing okay?"

Karima nodded her head in affirmation, making a mental note to tease her husband more.

"Let's go and get burgers and food" he said.

"Isn't it late?" She asked, unsure.

"Dude. You're with your husband. There's nothing like staying out late" he chuckled.

Karima rolled her eyes and got up.

"You know we won't find anything right? It's almost midnight" She told him.

"Ohhh. I'm sorry, do you want to get breakfast then? In the morning?"

"I'd rather sleep in and have an early lunch" she smiled.

"Anything for the Queen" he grinned and went in the bathroom.

Karima changed into his pyjama shirt and got underneath the covers. Khalifa came out in his pajama pants and a white shirt then got in bed with her.

"I love you so much" she murmured sleepily. He chuckled and placed his lips on her forehead.
"I love you much more than that" he whispered back.

Khalifa was glad that saying I love you to him didn't make Karima feel embarrassed anymore.
He pulled her closer to him and hugged her tightly. "Goodnight My love"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Mama called your phone. And I mistakenly picked, she asked how we were together this early" Karima laughed as she combed her hair by the mirror.

"You know You're crazy right? What did she say?" He panicked. Picking up his phone in an attempt to call her back.

Karima hissed and stalked over to him and snatched the phone from him.

"I told her I came to your hotel room to collect something but we lost track of time so I had to sleep over" she explained.

"You what? You told mama we slept together?" He asked.

"Well yeah? We live in the same house in Lagos and we're married! We should be sleeping together!" Karima said exasperatedly.

"But how can you tell her we are in a hotel?what if she doesn't like the idea of me taking her daughter to a hotel?" He asks.

"Whenever it comes to Mama, you forget you and I are married. Anyways, I told her you forgot your phone with me" Karima hissed and went into the bathroom with her change of clothes.

"Babe! Are you mad at me?" He called out.

"That's why everyone calls you a mamas boy" karima shouted back.

"No talking in the toilet sweetheart"

"Stop provoking me, Bitterliver!" She screamed and Khalifa couldn't help but laugh.

"I love you more babes" he chuckled.

*
*
*
One month later

It's been a whole month and Khalifa made no moves to take his wife back home. He's not even stressing over the fact that he's left his work for long.

Karima sat at the kitchen counter waiting for Khalifa. They did this every night. Meet in the kitchen and talk till late at night and it was beginning to irritate Karima.