28

I sincerely do not need to get attacked.

Karima

Even though Anas went to see my parents first, Abdallah and Lara managed to overtake us.

Anas also managed to get me to accept marrying him before I finished school.

Lara's wedding would only be a week before mine. I know it's a week but we still got overtook.

Muflihah sat next to me as we searched for the perfect henna artist on instagram.

"What about this one?" she asked showing me an overdone design.
I fake gagged.
"Ewww" I muttered and shook my head in negation.

"Yeah ewww, you're so indecisive" she hissed.

"Like you are in picking a country to go to school" I rolled my eyes when she gasped.

"Why are you even bringing that up?" she asked horrified.

"It's quite simple you know? UK or China? But here you are deciding to spend a year at home" I scolded.

"Mama said I should take my time" she grinned.

"You'll end up going to Danfodio" I rolled my eyes.

"Yaya you outrightly denied studying abroad because Uncle Khalifa begged you" She pursed her lips.

I felt embarrassed.

"it wasn't because of him" I hissed.

"Of course not" she said with a hint of sarcasm.

I rolled my eyes and decided on a henna artist and let Muflihah call her to book appointments.

Lara and I decided to have all events together, the only difference is, Lara's wedding will be a Friday before mine and after mine, we'd start all events together.

Abdallah called me earlier today asking if she'd be brought to his house after the knot has been tied but it was a flat No from Ammi even bypassing Abbi's protests.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood in front of Lara snapping her a million and one pictures, it's her wedding and she'd been completely dressed up and looking like a doll.

A ding came from her phone and she smiled at me.

"Already?" I asked.
She wiggled her eyebrows
"Officially Mrs. Abdallah Shinkafi" she grinned.

I squealed and danced around welcoming the older women who filled the room with yodells and goodwill wishes.

I was legit happy for Lara and I made a video of her saying her nawafils.

She was called down immediately after her prayers to the awaiting groom and groomsmen.
As usual, Anas looked the best in his sky blue shadda which matched my sky blue dress perfectly.

"Hey wifey" Anas grinned at me.

"Less than a week now baby" I grinned back.

"I can't wait" he smiled.

"It's just next week, Anas" I said.

"Life is too short to be wasting time" he said seriously.

"Okay! Uncle I don't like wasting time" I rolled my eyes.

"Stop being a baby" he rolled his eyes too.

"You're the baby" I whined.

"See? My points exactly" he laughed.