Chapter 15: Meet Kamski

Your POV

Dad, Connor, and I walk into the precinct together. Everybody looks at us as we walk in, more specifically me since I was MIA for two days. We walk over to our desks and take our spots. Dad at his desk and Connor and me sharing our desk. I start drawing in my sketchbook again but then I spot Gavin come in and he looks tired as hell.

"Hey, I'll be right back," I say to Connor and Dad.

"Okay," Connor responds.

Dad just nods as he types away at his computer.

I get up and walk over to Gavin.

"Well, you look like shit," I smirk at him. His head whips around to face me and his eyes widen. "Like seriously you look like a damn zombie." I continue to ramble until he wraps his arms around my small frame.

"I looked all over for you. I didn't want to rest until I knew you were safe." Gavin says.

I smile and hug him back. "I'm right here, Reed." I snuggle into his neck and we stay like this for a few minutes.

We pull away and he looks at me. "How are you even here?"

"I had some help," I answer him.

"(Y/n)."

Gavin and I look to see who called me. I turn around to see Dad coming over to me with Connor following behind him.

"I think I might have found something that will help us solve this case. Let's go." Dad says.

I nod and look back at Gavin. "See ya, Reed. Get some rest."

Gavin smiles. "I'll try, Squirt. Don't go disappearing again."

I chuckle and follow Dad and Connor out of the precinct and to Dad's car. We ride in silence. The only sound filling the car is the radio. I stare out the window, watching the snowfall. Once we arrive Dad parks the car and then his phone starts ringing.

"Wait here." He tells me and Connor. He answers the phone as he gets out of the car.

I frown but then decide I can just talk to Connor.

"Hey, Con—" I stop myself when I see his eyes are close. I furrow my brows.

'He could be making a report to CyberLife.'

I stand up and lean forward. "Earth to Connor," I say and wave a hand in front of his face.

He opens his eyes and turns to look at me, giving me a soft smile. He then gestures to get out with a jerk of his head. We both get out of the car and walk over to Dad just as he hangs up the phone.

"Is everything ok, Lieutenant?" Connor asks.

Dad looks back at us. "Chris was on patrol last night. He was attacked by a bunch of deviants. He said he was saved by Markus himself." He tells us.

"Is Chris ok?" Connor asks.

Dad nods. "Yeah, he's in shock but, he's alive."

'Thank God for Markus.' I sigh in relief.

"What the hell..." Dad says as he stares out into the distance.

We then start to walk toward the house.

"Who's place is this?" I ask.

"Elijah Kamski." Dad answers.

"Kamski left CyberLife ten years ago. Why did you wanna meet him?" Connor asks Dad.

"This guy created the first android to pass the Turing test. And he's the founder of CyberLife. Anybody can tell us about deviants, it's him."

I shrug. "Makes sense."