thirty one ; wicked this way

put the 50 shades of grey crazy in love cover on bc i had it on repeat while writing this. :-)

☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒

THIRTY ONE;

WICKED THIS WAY

Three gasps interrupted the silence.

Allison Argent, Stiles Stilinski, and Scott McCall all pulled themselves up from the ice bath, struggling to find warmth as their teeth vibrated against each other from their cold body temperatures. Each of them were running on a high after seeing where the nemeton was, practically stumbling and slurring their words to reveal the location before they completely forgot all together.

"I saw it! I know where it is," Scott rushed out to the others, his eyes fixated on Deaton.

Stiles nodded as he stood dripping wet in between Scott and Allison, glancing at Lydia and Isaac who had just entered the room. "We passed it. There was this stump of this huge tree— well, it's not huge anymore, it was cut down; but still big though, very big."

"It was the night we were looking for the body," Scott explained, turning to look over at the boy next to him to confirm that he had noticed the same thing.

"Yeah," Stiles agreed, nodding furiously as he swallowed hard. "The same night you were bit by Peter."

Allison, who had been standing silently as the boys conversed, found herself finally speaking up to tell them what she had seen. "I was there, too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone."

"That was me. You almost hit me," Scott spluttered, surprise written on his dripping complexion as he stared at the brunette only for her to let out an exasperated exhale. The wolf turned to look at Deaton with a sure expression. "We can find it."

The three others in the room looked weary, Lydia's arms crossed tightly over her chest while Isaac pursed his lips. Neither one seemed ready to spill what happened, much less actually tell the surrogates what occurred while they were under. Deaton didn't want to either, his face contorting into a deep frown as he stared down at the ground for a few seconds.

Allison was the first one to ask what was wrong, wondering why they all looked as though something horrible had happened. "What?"

Stiles' eyes narrowed, watching their facial expressions just before he realized that there was someone missing from this conversation, and his weight lifted from where he was sitting on the tub to glance around the room in panic. Scott and Allison seemed to catch on to who he was searching for, and looked around as well only to come up empty-handed.

The teenage boy whipped his head around to face the others. "Where is she?"

"Stiles—" Lydia went to interrupt.

Stiles' jaw clenched. "Where the hell is she, Lydia?"

"She's different," Deaton explained, looking uncertain as he began to explain to them where the missing blonde was. "She woke up an hour ago after she had been convulsing while in her state. I originally thought that something had gone wrong with the sacrifice, but she woke up and all of her vital signs were perfectly fine."

Allison's grip tightened on the edge of the tub. "But?"

"But, she won't talk to anyone," Deaton revealed, his hands falling limply at his sides. "All three of us tried to get her to speak but she hasn't said a word since she opened her eyes. Whatever she saw traumatized her greatly."