twenty seven ; habits of a heart

guYS; THERE IS A SAGE PLAYLIST 2.0 TO LISTEN TO ON 8TRACKS FOR THIS. If you have an 8track account, my user is vividparacosm & it's labeled 'wasted love'. it was basically made for this chapter if im being honest.

☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒

TWENTY SEVEN;

HABITS OF A HEART

Five people came crashing through the doors, leaving behind Scott and Peter to fend off the alpha twins. It hadn't necessarily been one of their brightest ideas, and now that Sage was thinking about it, she should have just done her best to distract the twins. Sure, she might have passed out halfway through the distraction but it was better than one of her closest friends risking his life just to save them.

The blonde let out a hiss when Stiles had attempted to help her get into the ambulance, although it only resulted in a pulsing headache to form as she wavered a bit before falling onto the bench near the stretcher that Derek was laying Cora on. Stiles got into the ambulance with her, carefully bracing the brunette's neck so that it didn't break or dis-conjoin from the rest of her body.

God knows, with their luck.

"Derek," Jennifer's voice called out from the exterior of the ambulance. "Over here."

Stiles and Sage shared a look, knowing that they couldn't go out there with Cora's condition and the blonde's herself. She could already tell that she was getting worse because Stiles' face was beginning to blur in and out every couple of seconds; the injuries that Scott was getting from the Alpha twins isn't helping either, feeling a new spot of pain every couple of seconds.

"Julia," a voice jeered from outside, one that Sage knew too well. "It is you."

Kali being in the same room as them meant they were screwed; had it been the twins, maybe the girl could have convinced them not to do it, maybe. But, because Kali was outside, there was no way that they could anything but fight. No one in this ambulance was capable of throwing themselves into battle with two alphas and a darach.

Sage blinked a few times hazily, nudging Stiles' arm before gesturing towards the doors of the ambulance. It wouldn't do much if Kali found out they were in there, or if she heard their heartbeats, but it would at least ensure some safety, if only a little.

Just barely, they were able to hear the rest of the short conversation, Jennifer being the one to discourage Derek. "You can't beat her."

"I know," Derek agreed, his eyes on the alpha across the room. "That's why we're going to run."

That was the ending of it, Sage watching with wide eyes as Derek and Jennifer passed through the windows of the ambulance. They were alone, which meant that Cora's life was now literally in the hands of two teenagers— one that could barely keep her eyes open to stay awake and another that had no idea what he was doing.

If a person were to look at it on the brighter side, it would be defined that they were now completely abandoned by Derek and Jennifer, which also meant that Kali had disappeared and there was no longer a potential threat of dying.

If you look at it on the shitty side, which was Sage's specialty, it would be defined that the blonde was dying, the boy next to her might be coming to the realization Aiden and Ethan aren't just old friends, and that those two boys very well could be searching for them right now to try and slaughter them. She also just couldn't exactly just come out saying, "Lol, I fucked Aiden," to Stiles after Jennifer practically threw the revelation in everyone's face earlier.