twenty ; art of war

☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒

TWENTY;

ART OF WAR

"What the hell are you doing to my loft?"

Sage Connelly had walked through the doors only to step into a small puddle of water. At first, she had an expectation that there was a random water hazard and Derek was now having a heart attack trying to fix it, but then she rounded around the corner to see that Boyd was carrying a hose and literally flooding her home.

All three idiots turned around to face her, wearing replicated masks of shock. Clearly, they hadn't expected for her to react the way she was, although she wasn't necessarily sure how a normal person would act coming to the place they slept only to see it was being dosed in water.

Isaac huffed out, shaking his head. "Oh, great."

"We're going to flood the place and electrocute them," Boyd explained, turning to the blonde with an accomplished look on his face. He wasn't as scared of the tiny thing as the other two wolves were.

Sage's eyes narrowed at the older teenager and she met eyes with them, her boots squeaking on the wet floor. As soon as she was face-to-face with Boyd, her finger fell on his chest and she was glaring.

"You're cleaning this up. Got it, bud?" Then, she turned to the other two boys standing behind Boyd. "And you two are going to help him. There is no way in hell I'm mopping up this place."

Derek rolled his eyes. "It's their idea."

"You're their alpha," Sage reiterated, crossing her arms over her chest as she stepped away from Boyd. "So, how exactly do you plan to do this to them? I'm pretty sure they're smart enough to know what water and electricity do."

"In a pool of electrified water, it would take up to fifty milliamps to kill a normal human. That's less than the power it takes to turn on a light bulb," Boyd began to explain, moving back towards the hose so that the water was now coming out at a faster pace.

Sage hummed, not exactly pleased with those statistics considering she was, for all intensive purposes, human. "Comforting."

"If we disable the circuit interrupter in the building's electrical room, the current will keep coming and anyone who steps foot in here...." Boyd began smirking. "Well, they'll get a pretty shocking surprise."

"Especially someone who is barefoot," Isaac commented, moving from his place on one of the supporting beams.

Sage turned to look over at Isaac with raised brows. "And you didn't warn me about this before I stepped into the loft? How do you know I would get here before you turned on the current?"

"I assumed," Isaac meekly replied, shrugging once.

Sage rolled her eyes at him and shoved her hands into her jacket pockets, stepping on the other side of the hose so that she could call Scott in privacy, or at least what privacy she could get while in a room full of advanced hearing werewolves.

She hadn't had a chance to ask what was wrong with Deaton earlier in first period, both boys rushing out of their seats before she could even open her mouth. Today was just another moment where she was being split up from the two, unlike her usual routine where she was near them 24/7.

She knew that Derek needed her help, though, and no matter who might step into the building, she was going to give him that. There was a quenching feeling in her stomach at the idea of either twin getting electrified, but she had to swallow it down. She couldn't start caring about them after everything they've done.