40 | Feelings

Mulai dari awal

Sure.

What did you do? Why does Em like you so much? She has never spoken this much about any of her babysitters before?

Steph laughs after reading his text. She was expecting him to ask a serious question but this is what he asks? She smiles as she types a reply.

I didn't do anything, Christopher.

I find that hard to believe.

Steph smiles but doesn't reply. She picks her cat ears headband from her nightstand and puts it on. Stephanie takes one last look at the mirror before leaving her room with her phone and a small purse. She meets her dad in the living room.
His eyes rake her outfit.

"Well, this is new." He comments.

Stephanie smiles. "What is?"

"All this dressing up for Halloween and actually leaving the house for a party." Her dad stares at her with skepticism.

Steph shrugs. "Things change. People change."

"When's that boy coming to pick you up?"

Steph knows that as soon as Luke's here, her dad would switch on the protective dad mode and probably bombard him with questions. Even though her dad has never really had to deal with boys coming over to look for her, she believes her dad is adept in that area. Her mum has mentioned it before also.

"He'll be here any minute and dad?" She gives him an expectant look.

"Yes, Daughter?"

"Please don't embarrass him. Don't ask any serious questions tonight. In fact, don't ask him any question at all."

Her dad raises his eyebrows at her request.

"Just hold it in for tonight. You'll hopefully get to see him another day. Just don't scare him away tonight," Steph tells her dad pleadingly.

"That's a lot you're asking," her dad drawls.

"Please?" Steph bats her eyelashes and pouts her lips.

"Honey give her whatever it is she wants." Her mum orders as she walks into the living room from the kitchen.

Her dad groans. "Fine."

Steph grins. "Thanks Dad."

"Look at my baby girl. All grown up, partying, having dates." Her mum coos, holding her by her shoulders before pulling her closer for a hug. "I'm glad you've decided to loosen up, stop being so uptight and enjoy senior year."

Steph rolls her eyes, smiling but hugs her mum back. They pull away and her mum gives her a once over.

"Damn. You look gorgeous. Your date would be awestruck."

Steph blushes. "Stop Mum."

"Oh please," her mum playfully flips her off. "I'm just being honest. You know......" She trails off as they hear a car pulling into their driveway.