Chapter 4

"Time for the interviews!" Mystique announces over the intercom. This time, we don't have "partners" since we are all from the Capitol, and since we don't have any sponsors, I guess the only reason they do interviews is so our families have to watch the scared look on everyone's faces, so I leave the breakfast table, being the only tribute, and go to get dressed. 

My designer, Castor, places me in an all blue dress with the words "In Our Memory" placed along the hem in all black. He fixes it around my shoulders and says, "this is to remember people such as your grand-father, and everyone else that died because of the Mockingjay. Play this to your advantage, people of the Capitol don't want to see their sweetheart die." he smirks. Even though our training was supposed to be completed in a "week", it had been two months since the Mockingjay killed Coin because of the crazy press. We even had to be relocated once or twice. 

After I leave my room and make my way backstage, I see Caesar Flickerman, with his hair even brighter and his smile even bigger than I remember, asking questions to "Tribute Number 9" otherwise known as Ammie. He laughs and I just tone everything out until I hear my name being called. I immediately put a smile on my face and pull my body off of my seat, until I realize it was only Rept. "You ready for this?" He asks, while patting me on my back. I immediately take his arm and twist it behind his back, while pushing him against the wall. "I don't care if we are allies" I whisper, "don't touch me." As I let him go, a smile escapes his face as his name is called. "That's my girl" is the last thing I hear before he gets taken to go onstage. 

Angel is called right after him, and I can completely see what the stylists did to her. They don't want people to remember her as a killer, so they want everyone to remember her being as sweet as possible. She is wearing an all white flowy dress, resembling an angel. I hear her cry and get some awws from the audience. Well, she is obviousely playing the sweet girl technique. I try to ignore her, but the love she gets from everyone rubs me the wrong way, and I can't do anything but listen to her every word.

*1 hour later*

It is finally my turn. For some reason, they placed me last, even though that's not even Alphabetical order or anything similar. As I walk onto stage, I place one of the biggest smiles on my face, thinking that if I am going to survive, and take power back, people need to see that I am strong, maybe I will shed a tear here and there so people don't think I'm a psychopath, but that will be later. 

The audience oohs and aahs as I spin while walking up to my seat. Caesar stares at the words and immediately starts questioning me. "So, honey, how old are you?" "16" I say with a grin. Everyone thought I was 12, because the last time people saw me in public, I was 8, and I guess people are just stupid and can't count right. "Wow, I had no idea you were that old! So" his voice softens, "how are you feeling about these games. " I decide to stick to my technique of being strong but say, "I think it's disgusting, I hated and could never watch these games, and I thought they would be over." I start yelling "I HAD NO CONTROL OVER WHAT MY RELATIVES DID, JUST LIKE THE REST OF US. THE NEW PRESIDENT IS EVEN WORSE THAN SNOW. NOW YOU HAVE TO WATCH ALL OF YOUR FAVORITES DIE. WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE THEY WILL DO?" I point at the Capitol citizens in the audience. Their looks change from happiness to confusion to fear, and a few even start to cry after hearing what I have to say. Caesar is frozen for a moment. "Now, now" he says in an awkward tone, not sure what to do, "don't want to start another rebellion now do we." Although he tries to laugh it off, it clearly doesn't work.

I get asked a few other questions that I am only half-paying attention to, knowing that fear of the new government is already in the Capitol. When asked about my grandfather's death, I start to cry, to get sympathy, but still stick by what I said earlier about the games being horrible. Eventually, I go back to my seat, with everyone staring at me with mouthes wide open. Except for Rept, who shoots me a smile. I heard him say he was 17 during the interview. I smile back before all of the onstage lights go out and we all leave the room. 

The Hunger Games-Capitol EditionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara