Chapter 10

Celestia's POV:

I wake up to the sound of screams and bushes rustling in the distance. Rept and I climb up about 20 feet in a tree and squat down on different branches, to distribute the weight, and see a small girl, no older than 14 running towards us. She hurridly looks up and somehow, she spots us and frantically pleads "PLEASE HELP ME. HE DRANK THE WATER FROM THE LAKE." 

Neither Rept nor I had any idea what was wrong with the lake water, nor had we even found a lake at this point. We act as if we are not there because it could be a trap. However, the fear in her eyes proves that it is not and we hear a boy, yell "GET BACK HERE YOU STUPID MUTT. YOU CAUSED ME TO GET INTO THESE GAMES AND NOW I WILL TAKE YOU OUT." Then, we see him. A 14 year old boy with eyes as black as coal. His whole body is tensed and he comes running out with a sword. His body is puffed out and his arms are strained as he stomps on the soft grass. He looks bulletproof. There was no stopping him. He smiles when he sees her.

"Please Beck, don't do this. You are my best friend. The Game Makers are doing this to you. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!"

"Oh sweet little Amber, you are a horrible liar." 'Beck' I guess replies as he takes both of his hands above his hand and smacks it down at what seems like 100 km/hr into her head. It splits into two. "I always knew you were two sided." He states while looking around for his next victim. A cannon goes off, scaring Beck. Rept and I have a clear view of his face. His body relaxes and his eyes shake and switch from the death black color to a soft almond color. He turns around and sees Amber's lifeless body lying there as well as the blood on his hands. He falls to the floor and screams. The sound is the most horrifying thing I have ever heard. It is filled with so much guilt. He is holding her body in his arms, shaking back and forth, whispering apologies to her between his screams. 

"We should leave now Rept." We try to quietly escape the scene, but with Rept's extra muscle weight, a branch on the tree we rest on now breaks, and his body falls to the floor, right in front of Beck. Beck takes up the sword and screams "Why didn't you help her? WHY? You should have killed me!" And for once, Rept is at a loss of words. I don't know if it is because he fell and doesn't have any weapons and is full of fear or if it is because he feels so guilty about the event that just took place. Rept? Guilt? Ha! Beck takes up the sword just as I take up my bow. It shoots him in the back and I scurry down the tree waiting for his cannon to go off. I go up to his still slightly moving body and he whispers the words thank you and surprisingly gives me a slight smile before death overtakes his body and his cannon goes off. 

Rept's POV:

Both Celestia and I stand there frozen, looking at the bodies of two 14 year olds. I am not terribly sad at this event, even though the circumtances were unfortunate. 2 people dead means being 2 people closer to getting home. I am wildly shocked by how sick the Game Makers are this time though.  I have to give it to them. I start to clap. "Nice job Game Makers. Now the games are even more sick than before. You are using what people revolted against, against us." I shake my head, knowing the cameras have been on us since were took coverage in the tree. They are using what happened to the rebels like that traitor Peeta-against the tributes. Pretty creative I have to admit. 

"We have to keep moving. And we need to find water. No-Not from the lake obviousely."Celestia says without an expression on her face. So, we embark on yet another journey to some unknown destination in silence. Complete silence.