Chapter 12

(A/N: woohoo finally an update!!! Ok soo I kind of ran out of ideas so we shall see how this goes. AND 200 READS OMG! I know that may not be a lot to some people, but it means a lot to me. So thank you to everyone that has read this :). I also just figured out dedications(even though it is really obvious how to do it) and I just had a chapter dedicated to me from someone so I decided to dedicate it too yayyy! I just love comments, so positive feedback can lead to a dedication. Constructive Critisism is appreciated too though haha. Lol the reason I wrote this chapter right now was because KEHorn told me to continue, if I'm being honest. That is all. :) Proceed)

Celestia's POV:

This arena continues to baffle me. Initially, I just saw endless amounts of sand, then I saw endless amounts of trees, and now, I see...mountains? Volcanos? I am completely speechless and perplexed and...just an amalgam of emotions with confusion being at the top of that list. No cannons have sounded recently and Rept just treads behind me annoyingly humming half the time. And let me tell you, he is not on tune. 

"Will you stop?" I scream, allowing a flock of weird looking birds to escape a tree in our proximity as we approach the mountain-volcano-thing ahead. Rept chuckles. 

"What? You don't like my beautiful voice? It matches my beautiful exterior!" Rept lets out in a husky voice, unusual for him, while flexing his muscles. I laugh, even though he is incredibly in shape. However, you have to be in our...situation. We continue small talk for as long as it takes someone to make it halfway up elevated land. 

"What is this?" Rept asks, huffing out some air. We both glance around, taking in the odd landscape. The ground just sharply shoots up, without any warning, with a slope at about 70 degrees up to where we were, before changing to about 90 degrees the rest of the way. The ground is brown, and mainly covered in rocks or an insanely thick wet material that I would have gotten stuck in, if I hadn't dropped a rock I had found in it before I stepped forward. It was swallowed up within seconds and now we attempt to carefully avoid these areas. Nighttime is now approaching and Rept and I are scoping the area for a place to settle down. For once, we are both exhausted and willing to sleep-taking shifts of course. 

The darkness has almost completely taken over. I can, however, make out Rept's shape. I have gotten used to it after seeing it so many times. So, I silently make my way over to where he stands. This place is absent of bushes or any coverage, so I do not want to attract any attention. 

"You found a place?" I whisper. 

"Someone's eager" he replies with a wink. I groan and sit down, waiting for him to say something else. "Yes I did find a place, I guess your extra dose of stubbornness means I am taking first watch?" He asks, while fiddling with a knife before throwing it quickly into the dirt.

"Bulls-eye." I freeze when I hear this simple phrase. These words did not come from my mouth, nor Rept's. They come from a girl's. I move to grab my arrows to find that they are no longer there. I look up to see a thin girl with long, jet black hair smirking at me with my arrows securely around her. How she got those things, I am not sure. All I know is one of us will die tonight, and be the first face illuminated in the sky after nights of darkness. 

Rept's POV:

After fiddling with the knife, I decide to toss it. There aren't any animals in this place, so I must keep my skills up to par somehow right? 

"Bull’s-eye" I hear someone say. I am about to let a chuckle escape my lips before I realize that this voice is unfamiliar. Not Celestia's. I would recognize her'
s in a heartbeat. I slowly turn my head to see that this girl has possession of her arrows. I am trying to decipher who the girl is before her figure is slightly brightened by the moonlight and I inwardly gasp. The number. Her hair. She is no stranger. This is the same girl who attempted to end Celestia's life the first few seconds in the arena. And at least one of us will be dead by the night's end. If not, all of us.