Chapter 11

Rept's POV: 

Celestia and I have made our way around the arena, and are now saving up our energy through sleep. I currently can't through. The image of Celestia's body flying into the ground on the first day popped into my head. I caught something I didn't notice before, however, a number on the perpetrator's shirt. It was covered by her long, shiny, black hair, but it looked like a 3 or maybe and 8. 3, 8, 13, 18, 23? One of those. I had no idea what it meant. I had the number 3 on mine, so that can't be it. But I was never offered an explanation as to what it meant.

Celestia begins to stir and she opens her eyes, which show the same coldness that were always present in her Grandfather's eyes. The coldness that held the determination to kill everyone else in order to survive. The coldness that got me to like her. Everyone else was such a wuss, except for Celestia. A good ally. Strong, mainly emotionally though, physically, I was the one with the advantage. She was smart, however, and being the daughter of the beloved late President, she had an advantage of extra knowledge of the Games over the rest of us. The Capitol does run on secrets after all. She is the smartest out of us two, if not the whole array of tributes. If it came down to us, I am not sure who would win. 

Angel's POV:

I am now shivering high up in a tree, although with my cloak, I don't really need to be. The number presently on my clothes, 23, still baffled me. What did that mean? How many people needed to be killed for a victor? I shiver at the thought of taking someone's life. There are only 12 Districts, so that could not be it. I ponder on this question until I realize how irrelevant it really was. 

My mentor had been right. The audience loved me. I got sent a sponsor-water-the first day after I ran out of my galloon. I was unsure why water though, because I vaguely remember passing a lake on my escape path through the woods. I haven't killed anyone yet. Maybe I can get through this without it? Maybe they can just all kill each other or have some mutts kill them, and I can go back to my 6 year old brother. He needs me. He doesn't talk much to anyone, he has socialization problems. He does talk to me though. I am really the only one who has a relationship with him, a real relationship full of care and free of pity.

I don't think I can be innocent through this though, Snow's grandaughter is in here. And if she is even remotely like him, she will be a ruthless killing machine, with nothing holding her back. I don't know what to do. I am stuck.