Chapter 3

I  guess our training has begun, without dinner. Whatever. We don't get any sponsors, so there is really no one to impress. While the majority of the tributes that showed up, even though that is only about 15 for some reason, are frozen like ice, 3 others, and then myself, begin to examine the room. I go to the archery range, the man whom I heard so much about because of previous games appears before me, but without the showy personality. He silently hands me a bow with an obviousely forced smile and then demands, "Show me what you got." 

I want to show the others that I am a threat, just to scare the rebels that won, but I do not want to be the first target. I feel all eyes on me, so I pick up the bow. My first arrow makes a slight tear in the yellow ring of the target. The mood doesn't change, so I grab another arrow. Suddenly, some of the only built guys start to look at me as if I am their next meal, so I hit one in the bullseye. Screw being thought of as weak, I need to survive long enough to kill the others. 

I stroll over to the main guy that got my attention by staring at me before, and introduce myself. An ally? He calls himself Rept. "Short for Reptile. Atleast, that's what I say." he says with a smirk. "Why don't you show me what you got Rept?" Just then, he walks over to the knife-throwing concoction, picks up 3, and hits the center of the heads of the human look-alike targets every time. "Allies?" "Allies." 

The rest of the tributes have disipated; none of them stick out, with the exception of one named Moonlight. Even my cousin disappears into the crowd. And, Angel didn't even show up. I guess she was still too emotional to show her face. Moonlight is great with a sword and bow and arrow. I see Rept staring at her also and then quickly tell him "it will be so fun when her name appears in the sky."

Rept's POV:

Just as I think that Moonlight would have been a better ally, Snow looks over at me and talks about how fun it will be to end her life. I like this girl. We could practically be from the same family, our personalities are identical. "Yup. Just like it will be fun to see the rest of them rot." Some may call me cold, I call myself smart and strategic. Survival of the Fittest is the only rule I abide by.