Chapter 52

Zara's POV

Why she is back? If she is back then where will I go? Why she has to come back this early? If she is back then her husband will be with her as well. This means I am done. I won't be able to stay here. Then what will I do?

I come out of my trance when Aila's mom comes near me and lovingly pat my head.

"Oh Assalam o Alaikum, Aunty, " I greet her with an apologetic smile.

"Walaikum Assalam. How are you? And when did you come?"

"She just came today, Mom. And she will stay with me for few days, " Aila reply before I can even open my mouth.

Her Mom mouths an Oh and looks at me from top to bottom.

"But why have you come back? Weren't you guys have to stay for two weeks?" Aila asks her.

"Yeah, we have to and we will! It's just your Dad forget his important file here so I am here to fetch it, " she explains with a smile.

Thank God they will go back!

Although Aila is my best friend, I have hardly met her mother or overall her family for one or two times; that's the reason I am a little hesitant towards her mother. On top of that, these dark red lips with dark blonde hair of hers give me creepy vibes; not to mention how she always glares at my whole figure like I am a weird creature.

"But you are married, Zara. Arent you? Won't your husband say anything about staying at your friend's place for many days? I mean, the post-marriage problems, you know," she asserts.

Why every single person is so eager to mention him in front of me? How much I am trying to avoid him, that much everyone is reminding me of him.

"No, Mom, she has asked him. He won't say anything," Aila again replies before me.

Thanks, Aila.

Her mother again frowns at me still apprehensive of me but this time, she goes upstairs without saying anything.

        *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"I am getting bored, Zara. Shall we watch a movie?" Aila gets up and bends on me, shadowing my face with her shoulder-length hair.

I lift my arm away which is covering my both eyes, to look at her. We both are laying on Aila's bed in her room. She has a plan for late-night activities but I have no strength to do anything. I have been wandering around since morning and at this hour of the night, I am so tired and exhausted.

"I am so sleepy at this time, Aila. We will do everything tomorrow," I put the back of my hand on my mouth to stop an incoming yawn.

"You have become so boring." She throws a pillow on my face, "since you have got married, you are no fun."

I slam my forehead hard with my hand. Why her every statement just revolve around my marriage and Armaan?

"I have been always like this. My marriage has nothing to do with how I am." I throw back the same pillow which she has thrown on me a while ago, on her.

She catches the pillow with her open hands skillfully.

"Oh, now I get it, " she smirks in mischief as she puts extra stress on the word oh.

"What?" I ask, not understanding what happens to her.

"I have a plan to kill my boredom and to get you back to functioning properly," she says with the same smug look.

"I am not understanding what are you trying to say," I ignore her and turn to the other side.

"I have his number and I can call him."