Chapter 2

Zara's POV

After that jerk left, I head inside too. I start to get really worried. What will happen if he really meant it? How can he straightforwardly babble that I am not his type? Maybe he likes someone else.

But the biggest problem is to change my father's mind to not get me married to him which is insurmountable so far. He seems to cherish his friend so much and according to him, Mr. Adeel Raissani has a big role in what my father is today.

Armaan is sitting next to his father talking to my dad. A smug emerges on his face when he notices me. I roll my eyes at him. He motions me to talk to my father through his eye movements.

What does he think of himself? I sit next to dad and ignore him completely. I peep at my Dad's direction from the side of my eyes who is smiling and laughing at his father's jokes. How should I start the conversation? I myself don't want to live with a jerk who disgusts me even before marriage.

"Dad, I want to talk to you," I whisper in his ear. He glances at me with a confused expression.

"Please," I again whisper pleadingly.

"Okay, let the guests leave first Zara." He whispers back in a firm attitude.

Our voices were so low that those father, son can't even listen. I sigh helplessly.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"How can you say that, Zara? You were all ready for this marriage a day ago," Dad bursts onto me as soon as he gets to know my intentions.

I don't tell him about that jerk that it is he actually who told me to do, fearing he may do something to me.

"Dad please, I still want to continue my studies and I will marry after my Masters. I promise." I say holding his big hand in my both hands.

Maybe study excuse can change my Dad's intention because he's really careful toward my studies. He smiles and pats my head with his other hand.

"Zara, I have already talked about this matter to Adeel, and Armaan will let you study as much as you want after marriage so don't worry about studies."

Wow! So they have already planned everything.

I pout and let go of my father's hand in disappointment. Each way leads to darkness for me.

" Look child," Dad lifts my chin.

"Armaan is really a nice guy and Adeel is my best friend. He has helped me so much and I have been under the burden of his generosity for years. He has asked me a favor for the first time and I want to give him. I know Armaan will take good care of you, I know him from his childhood. He is a good guy, he will keep you happy," Dad is really crying now.

Huh! Good guy who will keep me happy. In your dreams Dad.

I can't see my dad crying. I say yes and hug him. I will bear all the lousy things for the sake of his happiness.

*******

Only one month is left in my marriage. After that day when he came with his father, he never contacts me nor do I. I wonder what will happen to me. Will he really treat me badly?

I wake up from sleep just now when my best friend Aila came to my room. She was grinning ear to ear. She got so angry at first that I didn't tell her anything about my marriage. But then I tell her it was sudden for me too at which she accepts on one condition that I will let her talk to Armaan.

"You are getting married, Zoye. I am so happy." She hugs me tightly.

I hope I could be happy too. I smile at her lazily.