Chapter 74

Zara's POV

I turn my face to the other side and drag myself more towards the corner when the guy sitting on the opposite side keeps on peeking at me. Now, this peeking has changed into a full stare. I can see the mischievous on his face. On top of all, there is only me and him in this coffee shop except some waiters.

Where has Armaan gone? He doesn't even think that I will be alone here. I look at the guy with a startled gaze when he whistles. As soon as he discerns my eyes on him, he winks at me and gets up from where he is sitting. I gasp in fear finding him coming towards my direction. I shift to the chair beside the one I was settling earlier.

"Zara."

A familiar voice comes in my ears and I look up with a relieving smile on my face.

Armaan has come!

"Ar...Shaiq you?"

Shaiq glares at the guy and he runs out of the shop right after.

"What are you doing here alone, Zara? It's almost midnight and it's risky, " he asserts.

"Armaan...I mean I have come here with my husband but he has left for a call and has never come back," I explain.

"I know your husband's name, Zara," he smirks earning a raised brow from me, "anyways, let's go. I'll drop you at your house. It's not a good thing if you keep on staying here alone."

I want to ask that husband name knowing thing but I let it go as I am really terrified right now. It's best at the moment to go with Shaiq.

"So, are you coming?" He asks.

I nod my head as I follow him to his car.

                   *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Where do you live, Zara?" Shaiq turns his face towards me as he asks.

I look out of the window to get a better view. It's really dark outside. The only light which is lighting up the area is of the streetlights. Although I am not good at memorizing routes, still I remember that the coffee shop is not that far from where we live. But I am not sure of the actual way.

"I guess, when we take left from here, there comes the main road, and then after crossing this main road, on right there is a housing scheme," I tell him by using my hands to gesture.

"Okay, I get it,"  he exclaims and presses his foot on the race.

The car gets started with a usual whacking sound. I rub both hands against each other in fear. I still am not certain that I have told Shaiq the right address. It's my good luck that I have met Shaiq or else I can't imagine what I would have done otherwise. Moreover, where is Armaan, I still don't know. I hope he is fine. It's not like he is going to leave me alone. What if he is in a trouble? Ya Allah, please keep him safe. I look at the phone in my hand and again dial his number. My eyes get watery when he still isn't taking my calls.

Armaan, please be fine.

"Stop trying, Zara, he won't receive your calls because he is busy somewhere," Shaiq states as he twists the gear with his hand to the right side.

My moving fingers on the phone's screen stops as I stare at him with confusion. Who is he talking about?

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"I know you are calling Armaan, your husband." He turns his face towards me and looks at me with full concentration.

I remember the time when I come with Armaan in university and then Shaiq has bumped into us. He may be knowing him since then. But what he was saying a while earlier about Armaan being busy?