~ 29

Taehyung left the bathroom smelling of flowers, an almost complete contrast of his personality. "Do you need anything else?" I ask Taehyung, handing him a white cotton towel that had been heated slightly on the radiator. He gives me the look of a teenager who was begging his mother to leave him alone. "Sorry," I whisper, casting my eyes down and turning to leave the room. A small tug on the sleeve of my jumper prevents me from exiting. I turn my head to face Taehyung who was now clinging onto my arm. I give him a confused stare, before he pulls me towards him.

My face ends up smushed against his bare chest where small droplets of water ran down the soft skin. I'm unbothered by the fact he is still wet and instead bask in the warmth of his body. "I didn't want you to go," Taehyung speaks, his words muffled by my hair which he'd buried his face in. I smile into his chest, holding him tighter to my body. We remain in each other's arms until the towel around Taehyung's waist had absorbed most of the droplets on his body and his hair laid half dry and matte on his head. I look up at Taehyung who I can feel is staring down at me.

"Can I kiss you," he asks so suddenly my eyes blink open wide in surprise. "You aren't usually one to ask for consent," I mumble, looking off to the side. I feel Taehyung tense slightly but he relaxes moments later, pushing my chin to face him again with the tip of his index finger. "I guess you've taught me well," he smiles, lips stretching up in a toothy grin. I subconsciously smile with him and give a small nod of my head, giving him my consent. He leans down and captures my lips in his, it's soft and dare I say it, loving. We pull apart from each other and I immediately crave his touch again but I decide against acting on my desires.

"You know we have the most unconventional love story ever," Taehyung laughs, picking up a wet towel from the floor and throwing it on to the laundry pile which had managed to  accumulated itself into a tall mountain over the past few days. With Taehyung gone the house had become a bit of a mess in the space of less than 24 hours. "Oh, so it's a love story is it?" I raise an eyebrow at Taehyung who visibly freezes on the spot, realising what he had just said. It felt great to win one over Taehyung who'd become extremely flustered over his slip up.

"Shut up, you know what I mean." He folds his arms against his chest defensively but there is a a slight hint of a smile on his lips. I could tease him further but I decide not to. The sound of voices echoing up the stairs captures both of our attention. I feel a wave of relief rush over me knowing the others were back safe and unharmed. The night could only be described as eventful and was far from the peaceful, cozy evening I'd planned on having. I'd felt so many different emotions in such a short space of time it was hard to tell which one I was currently feeling. I was happy- well at least I thought I was - and that had become a bit of a rarity lately. However, during all the chaos of the night I'd come to the realisation that my time here was limited, not just because we had an entire police force searching for us, but also because mine and Taehyung's relationship had changed.

"We need to talk later, but for now go get yourself warm and have something to eat, I'm sure the others are hungry too." Taehyung pushes me lightly out of the door and closes it behind me before I can protest. I stand alone outside in the corridor, the same corridor months earlier I would get lost in. This exact corridor had seen some of the fiercest fights and heated arguments but it had also seen the rare moments of true laughter and happiness. With that thought in mind I smile to myself as my legs carry me down the stairs towards the kitchen where the others were sat around the table, enjoying a large bowl of food situated in the middle of them.

"Hey Hanna, come and eat," Jungkook calls over to me as he notices me stood in the doorway watching them. Jimin, Hobi and Namjoon, who are sat facing with their backs towards me turn in their seats. I make my way over to them and place myself in the empty seat which was usually reserved for Taehyung. "Since you're all here, I wanted to apologise again to everyone." My feet swing back and forth under the table and I keep my eyes locked down at my lap. I don't expect to receive a response but I feel someone rest their hand on my shoulder and there are a few mumbles of "don't worry" and "it's fine." It wasn't anything spectacular but I was grateful they were at least willing to put it behind us.