The trial and the truth

Rachel's POV:
The day had arrived the day I have been dreading since I got that phone call. My fathers trial the day I will finally get justice for what my father has done to me. I didn't sleep last night I was up thinking about today. I stood in front of the mirror making myself look presentable. I felt arms wrap around me and Alex rested her head on my shoulder. "Hey angel you look great. But how are you feeling? I know this hasn't been easy for you." "I am nervous but I will be a lot better when this is over." Alex placed a soft kiss to my cheek. "Well we are going to get through this together." I started to run the necklace Alex got me through my fingers. It helps me calm down whenever I am nervous. The whole drive over no one said a thing. When we pulled to the courthouse Clara dropped us off and went to go park. Alex and I walked hand in hand into the courtroom. Time seemed to slow as I waited for my turn on the stand. When I was finally called I walked up and took a seat. "Ms.Matthews can you please tell the court about your experiences with your fathers abuse." I looked at Alex and she gave me a small nod I took a breathe and began. "When I was seven my mother was killed by a drunk driver. She was on her way to pick me up from school because I had gotten sick. Which left me my sister and my father. He used to come home wasted and angry looking for someone to blame for what he had lost. I would tell my sister to go to her room and lock the door. I would tell her not to come out until I said it was ok. When she was safe I would get him to go after me so he wouldn't hurt Sarah. Then when Sarah died he had something else to blame me for. When your daughter loses both their mother and their sister in the same year fathers are supposed to tell their child it is going to be ok. But mine came home and hurt me blaming me for everything. After I turned thirteen I realized that I was attracted to girls not guys. And I was terrified of what he would do if he found out. So I decided to get a boyfriend to try and cover it up. One night I was invited to his house to study. When I walked into his room he locked the door and proceeded to rape me. When I got back home I was a complete reck. I told my dad and he looked me in the eyes and said that I deserved it for destroying his life. The night he got arrested I told him I was gay and he nearly killed me. If Alex hadn't come in when she did I would have been dead. So if you think my father is innocent that is your choice. But what isn't my choice is that I will have the memories of every horrible thing he has ever done to me burned into my memory." After a few more questions the judge called a recess. I got out of the courtroom as fast as I could. I slid down the wall and curled up into a ball on the floor. How is Alex going to look at me the same way?

Alex's POV:

I was walking down the halls looking for Rachel. When the judge had called for a recess Rachel had gotten out of there fast. And I knew I had to be there for her. I turned down a hallway to see Rachel curled up on the floor. I slowly made my way over to her and sat down. "Hey angel I am so proud of you. That took a lot of strength to say those things. And I want you to know that this doesn't change anything. You are still the person I love and would do anything to protect. So you don't have to worry because I am not going anywhere." Rachel didn't say a word she just rested her head on My shoulder. When the recess was over we made our way back into the room. The rest of the day was very hard on Rachel I could tell just by looking at her. So when the judge came back with a verdict Rachel grabbed my hand. He ended up with a life sentence with no chance of parole. I could practically see the weight lifted off of Rachel's shoulders. Later that night we were lying in bed. "I can't believe that it is really over." I kissed the top of her head. "I am just glad it is now you never have to worry about him again." She started to smile. "You want to know the best part princess?" She gave me a questioning look. "What?" "You get to stay here with me I get to wake up to your face every morning." She leaned up and kissed me. "Yea that is pretty great." I smirked at her. "So your birthday is in two days." Rachel groaned. "I hoped that you had forgotten." "Of course not angel I am very very excited for your surprise." "What surprise?" "Well it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you now would it?" I kissed her forehead. "Night angel." "Good night princess."

Rachel's POV:

I woke up the next morning to Alex shifting next to me. "Morning princess." I kissed her forehead. Alex groaned and put a pillow over her head. "It is to early." "Princess it is 7 in the morning. Your mom has probably already made breakfast." School is going to be a pain today I already know. News about my father's trial spread like wildfire. And I just know that today is going to be hell.