Come back to me

Alex's POV:

One month Rachel has been asleep the doctors say the swelling in her brain has gone down. So if she is going to wake up it would be now. I have come to the hospital everyday and slept there sometimes. Most of the time my mother has to force me to go home. Today I brought a book to read to her. I had been reading that book for awhile it was one of my favorites. After I had read the chapter I started to cry. "Hey Angel it has been a month. I miss you so much I just want you back." I climbed into her bed for an hour before my mom took me home. I just want her back.

Rachel's POV:

I have no clue how long I had been asleep. I could hear Alex's voice everyday she would come. I wanted to hold her so bad tell her I am ok that we are going to be ok. I could feel her warmth whenever she was in my bed. There was just something stopping me from opening my eyes. But I needed to get to her I have been asleep long enough. I heard Alex's voice she was talking to someone I didn't know who. Then I heard footsteps walking over to my bed and Alex took my hand. She begged me to come back to her. My only thought was I had to get back to her I needed to come back there was nothing holding me back now. Slowly I opened my eyes I tried to talk to Alex but my throat felt like it was on fire. She had her head buried in the blanket on my bed she was crying. So I used all of my energy I had left to squeeze her hand. She lifted her head she must have thought it was her imagination but she saw my eyes open. "Rachel you came back to me." She started to cry harder. "I am going to go get the nurse." She ran out of the room then came back with a woman I have never seen before. The woman introduced herself as Andrea my nurse. She said she was going to take the breathing tube out. She got a couple of nurses one held a towel under my mouth. When she pulled the tube out I threw up a little now I understand the use of the towel. When the tube was out the nurses left the room. Alex ran over to my bed. "I thought I was going to lose you I was so scared I couldn't lose you because I love you Angel." I was so happy to be back with Alex. "I love you too Alex." She hugged me then pulled me into a kiss. "One question Angel when am I going to get a nickname?" I smiled at her. "Well I had a lot of time to think about one. Because all I wanted do was get back to you get back to my princess." She smiled her thousand watt smile that I missed so much. "Princess I love it." "My princess who I will spend the rest of my days making feel like a queen." She kissed me again it took my breath away. I could tell she missed me as much as I missed her. Just then Clara ran into the room. "Your awake thank goodness I had to physical drag Alex out of your room at night. Sometimes that wouldn't work so I would have to let her stay the night. I am so happy to see that you are going to be ok." After many hugs and even more tears Clara left the room she gave Alex permission to stay the night with me. She said I should be getting out in about a week Alex said she was going to stay everyday. Alex got my bags from my dads she told me what happened that day. She said that the cops arrested my dad and he was going to be charged with child abuse and attempted murder. And there is no way his friends in law enforcement can get him out of this. I was happy to be awake to be with Alex again. When the nurses had finished my exam I got to spend the rest of the night with Alex. She climbed into my bed and wrapped her arms around me being careful of the IV. I rested my head on her shoulder. She started to softly kiss the top of my head. "I missed you so much Angel I don't know if I could have survived losing you. I mean what would have happened if you wouldn't have woken up?" I could feel her tears falling on the top of my head. "Hey princess it is ok I am here and I am not going anywhere. We are going to live together. Then hopefully one day we can get our own house. Where we can get married and start a family. Together." Alex kisses my cheek. "I want all of that and more angel together." We both fell asleep dreaming of our future together.

Alex's POV:

No no this is not happening. I woke up in my bed and the memories of what happened came flooding back. Last night about an hour after me and Rachel fell asleep she started to have a seizure. Then she flat lined the doctors kicked me out of the room. They rushed her into emergency surgery they found out she had major internal bleeding in the brain. I haven't heard anything more I am going to the hospital to see if my mom knows anything. I threw an outfit together and drove to the hospital. I walked to the front desk lady and asked for Rachel's room number. "I am sorry but she is still in the intensive care. So you can only see her with a nurses permission." Just then my mother came out she said that it was ok if I saw Rachel. She took me in an elevator to the 6th floor. And down a hall. "Honey I want to warn you she is in very bad shape." I felt my stomach turn I wanted to throw up. She opened the door to Rachel's room. What I saw broke my heart. She had stitches everywhere she looked weak but at least she was awake. "Hey angel I am glad you are awake you gave me quite the scare." She gave me a weak smile. "Sorry princess." "You have nothing to be sorry for. I want you to promise me that you are going to get better." "Promise princess." Two weeks went by with me going to the hospital everyday and sometimes staying the night. Today was the day Rachel should be getting released. The nurses decided that Rachel should be using a wheelchair for the first couple weeks. Because of the bleeding in the brain they wanted to minimize the risk of injury. Which meant no walking. When I walked into the room Rachel was mindlessly switching the TV channels. "Hey angel are you ready for the big day?" She nodded. "More then ready." About an hour later a nurse came in and took out Rachel's IV. Then I helped her into the wheelchair and to the car. The drive was filled with a comfortable silence that neither of us dared to break. When we got home mom was waiting for us. I helped Rachel out of the car and into the house. "Hey mom." Me and Rachel both said it at the same time.

Rachel's POV:

"Hey mom" what did I just say Alex's mouth fell open. But Clara just said. "Hey girls I am so glad to have you back home Rachel." I was so happy that she was ok with me calling her my mom. She walked over to me and kneeled down so she could be eye level with. She wrapped her arms around me and I felt like I finally had a safe place to live. "Hey angel do you want to go upstairs for a bit?" She had a smirk on her face. "Yea I would love to princess. But I can't exactly get up the stairs." She laughed. "Well that is not entirely true. I have a surprise for you." I started to follow Alex over to the stairs. But instead of stairs it was made into a ramp. "When did you do this?" "When I found out about the whole wheelchair thing I had a couple of my friends help me out with this. Do you like it?" "I love it thank you. I can't believe you would do this for me." Alex kissed my cheek. "Anything for you angel." We made our way upstairs and into our room. "So since it is Saturday tomorrow I was wondering if you want to go to the movies with me tomorrow?" Alex looked nervous to ask me like I was going to say no. "Of course I would like to go out with you it is a date." "Oh and before I forget mom wants to take us shopping so we can get you some new clothes and some other things. That sound good to you angel?" "Yea sounds great princess. Anything else?" "Yea there is one more thing. I got this for you well you were in the hospital after you woke up. I saw it and I knew it was made for you." Alex reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out a necklace. It was a silver chain with a pair of gold angel wings. The back had the words to my angel from your princess engraved on the back. I covered my mouth I felt tears begin to form in my eyes. "Princess it is beautiful!" "I am glad you like it I had the words engraved just for you angel." "Like it I love it." "Here let me put it on you." I lifted my hair revealing the scar on my neck but it didn't bother me anymore. Because I was with someone who will never look at me differently because of them. She clipped the necklace together and let it fall to rest on my neck. I ran the necklace through my fingers just then mom called us down for dinner. After dinner I got changed before Alex carried me bridal style to our bed and set me down. I made myself comfortable. "Oh how times have changed the last time you slept over you had to have to pull you into bed." I laughed. "Yea well I didn't really know what to do. But now that I live here I am more comfortable than ever." Alex climbed into bed and wrapped her arms around me. "You know my girlfriend wouldn't be very happy to see you with your arms wrapped around me." Alex chuckled. "Oh really i think I know something she would hate even more." I started laughing. "Oh and what would that be?" Alex started to kiss all over my face. "I wonder what your girlfriend would think about that." I started laughing. "I would be sleeping with one eye open if I was you. My princess is not someone you want to mess with." "Is that what you call her?" "Yes it is what I call her she is my princess. And the biggest attention hog ever." Alex started to burst out laughing. "I love you angel." "And I love you princess." I rested my head on Alex's shoulder while Alex wrapped her arms around my stomach. Eventually we both fell asleep excited for the next day.