Fairy lights

Alex's POV:

I woke up at the crack of dawn to put my plan into action. I carefully untangled myself from Rachel and walked out of the room. Step one I wanted to make Rachel a nice breakfast. So I got out moms cook books and began making coffee cake. When I put the coffee cake in the oven I decorated the kitchen. I had picked up some decorations last night. I hung up the banner that I had custom made. I grabbed Rachel's card and set it on the nightstand in our room. At six in the morning I heard Rachel upstairs so I walked upstairs to see her. "Hey Angel how did you sleep?" "Wonderful but when I woke up I noticed someone missing." "Well that someone has a good excuse happy four month anniversary angel." I took her hand I slid down the stairs like I did everyday. When I lead Rachel into the kitchen her eyes went huge. "You did this all for me?" "Yes I did angel because you are worth it. You make everything worth it. You showed me what it was like to truly love someone and be loved unconditionally. You make me want to be the best person I can be for you. You make me better by just being yourself. That is just some of the many reasons why I love you angel." "I love you too princess." I grabbed her hand and guided her into a kiss one filled with love for each other. "There is one thing you have to do for me." "What is it princess?" "You are going to have to spend the day with mom." "Fine but you better make it up to me. I don't want to spend our entire anniversary with your mom." "Trust me I am going to make it up to you." After an hour I left to set up the best surprise I have ever come up with. I took the car and went to the forest by our house. I can't wait to see her reaction.

Rachel's POV:

Alex took the car saying she needed to do some stuff. So me and Clara went out for lunch and ice cream. When we got to the restaurant and were seated we started talking. "Rachel I can tell you care about Alex a lot. The greatest gift a mother can hope for is that their child finds someone to love them. Alex has obviously found that in you. You treat her the way she deserves to be treated. And I am so happy for you both." "Thank you so much all I want to do is make your daughter the happiest she can be. She gave me so much so have you. And I can only hope to repay that." I had a great time with Clara she makes me feel like I have a parent who truly cares for me again. When we got back home Alex's car was in the driveway I made my way inside. Excited to see Alex for our anniversary and to see what she had to spend the afternoon doing. When I got inside I didn't see her. Until I felt arms wrap around me from behind. She placed a soft kiss to the top of my head. "Hey angel ready for your surprise?" I nodded. "Great let's do this." We got into her car and drove for about twenty minutes. We pulled up to the forest by our house. "Ok angel close your eyes." "Well how am I supposed to get to the surprise? I can't walk and I need to see to use my wheelchair." She smirked at me. "Walking won't be a problem just close your eyes." I slowly closed my eyes I heard the car door open and close on Alex's side. Then my door opened and I felt arms wrap around me. She started carrying me bridal style to where we were going. After a few minutes of walking I was set down on something soft. "Ok angel open your eyes." I opened my eyes my vision was immediately filled with light. The trees were covered with lights I was set on a blanket right in the middle. "Happy anniversary angel." Alex sat down on the blanket next to me and wrapped me in her arms. "There is one more thing lay back angel." When I laid down I could see the sky it was filled with stars it was so beautiful. "You didn't have to do this princess. But I love it so much it is beautiful how did you set this up?" "Of course I didn't have to do this but I wanted to this is our special day. And I set this up with the help of a few friends." I smiled at her and moved closer into her chest. After watching the stars for an hour I remembered my gifts for her. "I got you something princess. It is nothing big and certainly not as amazing as this but it's something I wanted to get you." I handed her the small box when she opened it her eyes filled with tears. "Do you like it?"

Alex's POV:

"Do you like it?" I couldn't trust my voice at the moment so I just nodded. Inside the box was a necklace. It was a crown with angel wings on the sides of the crown. "You turned us into a necklace?" "Yea I guess I did the date we met is engraved on the back." Sure enough it was. "There are two more gifts for you princess." "You don't need to get me anything more you are a gift in itself." "That may be true but I already got you them so." She pulled out a folded piece of paper out of her pocket. "I want to read this to you princess." I nodded and She started reading. "Dear princess, four months and I couldn't be happier. You know my life hasn't always been great but you help me forget that. You show me love when I feel like no one cares. When everyone else would choose to leave you stayed. You prove to me that I am worth something. I don't know how someone can change my life so much for the better. But I am so glad you did. You mean more to me then anyone else in my life. It honestly scares me sometimes how much I care about you but you show me it is ok to feel again. Because I finally have a safe place to fall a place where I am never judged for having feelings. When I was asleep all I could think about was getting back to you. Because you are mine and I am yours forever and always. And I wouldn't change anything about it if all the pain and sadness lead to this then I would go through it every time just to be with you. Because I love you I love you princess. Love, your angel." When She finished reading we were both crying. "I Love you too angel." When we had finally pulled ourselves together again. I pulled her into a kiss. "There is one last surprise for you princess." She reached into her coat pocket. "I figured since school is out and we have an entire summer together. We would check off something from your bucket list." She pulled out two plane tickets. "How would you feel about going to Italy with me?" I covered my mouth with my hand. "Are you serious angel how could you afford this?" "I made a few calls got myself a deal. You are worth whatever amount of money I have to pay." "When do we leave?" "Two days I already talked to mom about it. We are staying for three weeks just you and me." "I love you so much angel this is amazing I can't wait." I pulled her onto my lap and kissed her. I only broke the kiss to breathe but after a second I kissed her again. I wrapped my arms around her neck and she put her hands on my waist. We stayed like that for awhile longer until we decided to go back home. I carried her back to the car. When we got back to the house she looked to tired to walk so I carried her inside and into our room. I walked back out to get her wheelchair for the morning. The doctor said that tomorrow she should be able to walk again. She has been doing great in her physical therapy so the doctor thinks she will be ok without it. But I want to have it just in case. When I walked back into our bedroom Rachel had already changed into shorts and a tank top. She hasn't taken her necklace off since I got it for her and I am planning on doing the same. When I was finished changing I crawled into bed next to her. Pulling her as close as possible because there is no way I am letting her go. I was lulled to sleep by Rachel's heartbeat.

Rachel's POV:

After a lazy morning of lying in bed together we had to crackdown on packing. "Princess come on we have to pack." Alex rolled out bed. "Fine." We pulled out our suitcases and started packing. Everything that I had on my packing list was in my bag. I was just trying to find where my favorite shirt went. I turned around and found the answer to my question. Alex was wearing my shirt I had admit she looked adorable. "What is up with you stealing my clothes?" "Is it really stealing if we live together? Plus who's shirt are you wearing right now?" I looked down I didn't even notice I was wearing one of her shirts. "I like it it is comfortable." "Oh did you think you could get away with not telling me?" "About what princess?" Alex rolled her eyes. "About your birthday obviously. Why didn't you tell me that it is when we are going to be on this trip?" "Because I don't really like my birthday." "Well that is going to change." "I doubt that." I said that well folding some of Alex's shirts and put them in my bag. "By the way I am stealing these." "Fine by me angel." "Good because I was going to take them either way." Alex started to pout. "Why are you stealing my clothes?" I kissed her which turned her pout into a small smile. "Because they remind me of you and they are comfortable." And two hours of packing later we were finished. It took two hours because Alex would take everything out of my bag that I would put in. (A/N Not going to lie my sister has done this to me before.) But when we finished I made us lunch. Well I was cooking Alex walked behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist. "What has gotten into you today?" "Nothing I just want to thank you for letting us go on this trip." "Well you are welcome." The rest of the day was filled with checking to make sure we had everything we needed packed. Lucky we did Alex almost left without her toothbrush. When we woke up the next morning we both said goodbye to Clara. Then we were on our way to the airport.