Detention

Alex's POV:

Ok so I may have gotten a detention just to see Rachel again. That is a maybe but it is not like it is that hard to pull the fire alarm. I walked into the classroom where detention was held. When I walked in I see the red head in the back reading. I walk over to her and sit down it the closest desk to her. "Hey partner fancy seeing you here." She didn't even look up at me it was like she couldn't hear me. I waved my hand in front of her face. "What do you want?" She snapped at me out of nowhere. "I was just trying to make conversation." She rolled her eyes. "Yeah trying to make conversation with the freak yea right I know what you think of me. So find someone else to bother. You are probably friends with ever other person in here. So go and talk to them. We are going to have to deal with each other enough with the project. That we are going to have to do together." With that outburst she went back to reading what did I ever do to her? I mean sure I am not the nicest person in this school. But I only have heard about her never actually talked to her. But I am guessing my friends have not been fantastic to her. But I am going to press my luck. "I know you don't want to work with me. And I know my friends have been jerks to you in the past." Before I could get anything else out she cut me off. "The past try yesterday when one of your football friends decided to spray paint dyke on my locker. or when your friends took turns slamming me into my locker. And when I was on the ground they took turns kicking me. So you are damn right I don't want to work with you!" I sat there stunned I felt so bad for what they did I never knew "I am so sorry I never knew they were doing this to you. I will talk to them tomorrow and tell them to knock it off." She rolled her eyes again. "Ok first off you can shove your apology up your ass. And second I don't need you saving me I don't care what they do to me." She really doesn't like me. "You may not care what they do to you but I do." "Oh really is it because you found out your friends treat people like shit. Or because you pity me you want to save the poor broken girl." I can tell there is more going on then just high school bullies. "Ok first of all I do not pity you I know you don't need saving. I was trying to be nice." With that she started laughing. "People like you aren't nice to people like me you walk all over us. So what is it lose a bet or something?" "Why do you think that? Why can't you just believe I am trying to be nice to you?" "Because I know girls like you. Hell I have dated a couple and they are all the same. Only care about themselves." Ok that is it I am so done with her. "You don't know me I am not like everyone else. I care about other people" she just smirked at me. "Is that what you tell yourself so you can sleep better at night?"

Rachel's POV:
"Is that what you tell yourself so you can sleep better at night?" Ok she is seriously pissing me off. Why is she talking to me why bother. And to act like she didn't have a clue what her friends have done to the people at this school who don't fit in. I hate people who play the innocent act watching bad things happen then act like they never saw. It is not like I hate her per say. It is just when you have a father who beats the living shit out of you whenever he wants. You kind of lose the ability to trust or even be friends with another person. I know she is just trying to be nice but I can't let my guard down around anyone. But I know what I was saying was wrong taking my anger out on her was not something I am proud of. But something about her just pisses me off and I can't figure it out. But I know what I have to do. "Hey I am sorry I am being rude. But I don't really do the whole friend thing. I shouldn't take my anger at your friends out on you." Mild confusion crossed her features but then went back to her normal neutral expression. "I know you don't believe me but I truly didn't know what they were doing to you so I am sorry." I looked at her with confusion maybe she didn't know what was happening. "Don't feel sorry the only reason why they keep doing it is because I never give them what they want." She raised her eyebrow. "And what is that exactly?" "What every bully wants fear. They want me to be afraid of them. But I am not most of the time I just laugh. I mean I have met six year olds who can hit harder then your friends." She started to laugh. "I was talking about the football players." She started to laugh harder just then The bell for the end of after school detention rang. I got up and collected my books and walked towards the door. Just before I got out I turned around. "See you later partner." She just smiled and I walked out. But it all had to end when I walked into the small apartment that I had to pay for. My father was sat on the couch immediately the all to familiar smell of alcohol filled my senses. My father was sitting on the couch until he saw I was home. Let's just say he was not to happy about me being home late. After about an hour of punching,kicking, and screaming he got bored and left. Guessing to the closest bar but I really didn't care as long as he was gone. I slowly made my way to my room gritting my teeth trying to ignore the pain. When I got into my room I walked over to my bed and slowly got out the med kit from under my bed. And sat down I had a little bit more things in that kit then what usually came. Stuff to help with stitches mostly. I took off my shirt to inspect the damage. The only really bad cut was on my stomach the other's just needed to be washed out. I got the needle out from the kit and began to stitch the skin back together. School is not going to be fun tomorrow.