The project

Alex's POV:
I walked into school ready to do the right thing. I walked over to my friends. "Hey guys I have something to talk to you about." When they all looked over at me as a way of telling me to continue. "You are all cowards! I heard what you have been doing to the people at this school. And I am going to make damn sure everyone else knows what horrible people you are! You can make damn sure the only friends you are going to have at this school are each other! So you can have a little taste of what you put those people through! So screw all of you!" With that I walked away their reign was over. So I went looking for Rachel to tell her the good news. I found her walking down the hall. She looked like she was in pain she was walking very slowly. I ran over to her she had her hood up. But the second I got a good look at her I saw she had a black eye. I stopped her in her tracks. "What the hell happened to you!? Did my old friends do this to you?" She just looked at me stone faced. "Why the hell do you care?" That is when I realized this was not some high school kids. "Rachel who did this to you? I can help I will take care of it." She started laughing but there was no happiness behind it. "I don't need you taking care of me. What makes you think I need help?" "Have you looked at your face!" "So what I fell!" I rolled my eyes. "Don't bullshit me I know you didn't fall!" "Well I don't know what to tell you then!" I felt annoyance rise in me. Why won't she just tell me the truth? "How about the truth!" "I am not going to talk about this with you. I barely know you!" "Why won't you just tell me who did this to you?!" "Because I don't want to and you don't need to know!" She walked off clearly something was off. And I am going to find out what it is.

Rachel's POV:

I want to tell her so bad. But I can't she will just make it worse. I know I have to be careful or she is going to find out. I walk into my classroom. Today was the first day of the project. We were instructed to sit next to our partners and begin working. Alex was breathing down my neck for the first fifteen minutes wanting to know what happened. I dropped my pencil so I reached down and grabbed it. Well doing this I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. But I pushed it down and continued working. Until Alex turned to me. "Rachel you're bleeding!" I looked down and saw blood covering the front of my shirt I must have broke open the stitches. I got up and ran out of class and got to my locker. I kept painkillers and an extra med kit. I pulled out the supplies when I turned around I was face to face with the one person I was dreading talking to. "What do you want Alex?" "Well you are bleeding so I wanted to see if you were ok." "Well I am fine I just have to go to the bathroom and get cleaned up." "Great I am coming with you." No she can't come if she sees what I am going to do she will know what is happening! "Are you sure you want to I am just cleaning up some blood?" Alex nodded "I insist" I gritted my teeth and started walking to the restrooms. "Ok can you turn around I have to take my shirt off?" "Rachel it's ok I am just going to help you clean the blood." I have to tell her. "Ok I am going to tell you the truth. It is a little more then just a cut. I gave myself stitches last night and they broke open today. So I have to redo the stitches." Alex looked horrified. "Why did you have to give yourself stitches?" I shook my head. "Long story not for right now." It won't be long before she puts two and two together and figures out what is happening. But I had to redo the stitches I started to unbutton my shirt. "Grab me the antibacterial wipes." Alex handed them to me clearly shocked by the size of the cut. After I got what was left of the broken stitches I started sewing the skin back together. "How are you so good at this? It looks like you have done this before." I chuckled "Haven't you figured it out. I have done this before a lot." Alex looked me dead in the eyes. "Your father did this didn't he?" I couldn't get the words out so I just nodded. I needed to distract myself so I went back to stitching. After that was done I put a gauze over the stitches. I carefully got off the sink. "So am I right in guessing we are going to have to talk about this?" "Rachel of course we are going to talk about this. He is hurting you!" "And it is my problem not yours!" Alex shook her head. "Haven't you noticed yet it is not your problem to deal with on your own. We are in this together and I am going to help you. For starters you are staying at my house tonight." "You don't have to do this I don't want to be a burden to you." She held up her pinky and said. "I pinky promise you are no burden to me. I want to do this that's what friends do for each other." I started laughing at how much of a dork she was. But I hooked our pinkies together. After school was finished we walked to her car. We decided I would pick up my car tomorrow. Tomorrow I will take her to my house so I can pack my stuff to live with her .

Alex's POV:

I have decided that Rachel is going to live with me and my mom. I knew I couldn't leave her in that house with her father. So tomorrow I am going to drop her off at the apartment so she can pack. Then she is going to start a better life at my house. And I am now realizing that I like her as more then just a friend. We got to my house. "My mom is a nurse she works the night shift. So I will call her to tell her what is going on." She looked very scared like my mother would kick her out. "My mom is very nice and super accepting of everyone. So don't be afraid of her kicking you out because you like girls." She looked at me puzzled. "How did you know?" I started laughing. "I just knew." I grabbed her bag and brought it up to my room she followed. "This is going to be your new room. We are going to share the room. But don't worry I am going to do everything I can to make this place feel like home. She nodded "Thank you you didn't have to do this." "Yes I did." She walked over to my dresser and picked up a photo of me and my father. I was in pigtails when that photo was taken. "That is my father he passed away when I was thirteen." "I am sorry. My mother was killed by a drunk driver when I was seven." She seemed so sad I had to do something. So I wrapped my arms around her. At first she was tense then she melted into the hug. When I pulled back I looked in her eyes. Then slowly my eyes drifted to her lips for a second then back to her eyes. Before I knew what was happening her lips were on mine. The kiss was sweet and passionate when she pulled away I felt myself missing her.