Aftermath

Rachel's POV:

What am I thinking why did I kiss her? Wait is she kissing me back? I pulled away much to my bodies disagreement. "I am so sorry I shouldn't have do-" I was cut off by her kissing me again. "It is more then ok Angel." I raised an eyebrow at her. "Angel?" She smiled that smile that could light up a room. "Yes Angel it suits you because you are my Angel." "Am I truly yours or are you just saying that to make me feel better?" She looked at me with a sincere look on her face. "When I was younger I moved here. I lived in a different house it was summer. And everyday I would see a beautiful redhead girl. She would walk outside sit underneath a tree and read. Everyday I would watch her she was so captivating. Then the next summer the girl didn't come outside. I never got the courage to go over and talk to her. But my mother told me about her. She said the neighbors had a girl my age named Rachel. The girl I would watch out of my window was you. I knew I liked you but I never knew how to tell you. So if you want to know if you are truly mine. This is what I will tell you. Every night after I saw you for the first time I would dream of meeting you. When we got into 8th grade I dreamed of being friends with you. Now in high school I dream of you being mine to be able to tell everyone that you are my girlfriend." I smiled. "You know I saw you. Watching me that is why I would always sit there because I could see you watching me." But there was one more thing I had to do before we could truly be together. "Alex turn around for a second please. There is something I have to show you." Alex nodded and turned around. I unbuttoned my shirt and took it off. When that was done I tapped Alex on the shoulder. "Turn around" she slowly turned when she saw me she covered her mouth with her hand. "There are a few I need to tell you about if that is ok?" "Of course it is Angel."

Alex's POV:

She turned around and pulled her hair back to reveal a jagged scar on the back of her neck. She started to explain. "My old friend had to stitch me up. That is why it looks so bad. I had never let anyone know what was happening but I couldn't go to the hospital so I had to call a friend. After she helped I cut her out of my life. I thought I could protect her from my dad if I just never spoke to her." Next she lifted up her arm and on her side was another jagged scar. That looked to be sewn up by unpracticed hands. "This is the first time I ever had to give myself stitches. My dad came home drunk and he cut me with a broken bottle." She then pointed to the most noticeable scar. "You probably saw this one. My dad gave me that the day my sister died. Her name was Sarah and she had been ill for awhile. She got worse after my moms accident. We found out she had a brain tumor. She died on her birthday she was 6. My dad blames me for her death. I was with her when she took her last breath. I was there when her heart stopped. I watched my sister die. So when my dad found out that night he beat me. Then took a knife out of the drawer and cut me from my neck to the bottom of my stomach." There was so much going through my mind. She had a sister her father not only hit her but has cut her before. And she trusts me to know all of this. "There is one more that I want to show you." She turned over both of her arms and she had lines on her wrists. "I do this whenever my dad gets angry. Which you can guess is a lot. There are many more scars caused by him. So now you know almost everything about my shitty life." I pulled her into a hug. "You should never have had to go through this. But I am going to make sure it never happens again! You are so strong I could never survive what you did! And now you have me always whenever you need me. Because I am going to be the best girlfriend I can possibly be! That is a promise!" I cupped her cheeks with my hands wiping away some tears. And slowly leaned down pressing a soft kiss to her lips. When I pulled away I grabbed her hand. I took her downstairs she told me she wanted to cook. I tried to convince her that I could do it but she insisted. After dinner I took Rachel back up to my room. "I need clothes for tonight to sleep in." I handed her a T-shirt and shorts. "The bathroom is down the hall first door on the left." I smiled at her then she walked out when She was finished changing She knocked on the door. "Are you finished changing so I can come in?" I heard Rachel say through the door. I finished putting my shirt on then called back. "Yea you can come in." She slowly opened the door. My clothes were a bit big on her so the shorts hung a little bellow the waist. She looked so cute and she is mine and I am hers. I must have been starring for awhile because she spoke up. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I smirked. "Because I have the worlds hottest girlfriend." She went a dark shade of crimson. "I am not hot." I laughed. "We are going to have to agree to disagree on that one." When I got into bed Rachel just stood there in the middle of the room. "Well this whole sleeping thing works with you getting into bed." Rachel hesitantly walked over when she got to the side of the bed she stopped. So taking matters into my own hands literally I grabbed her hand and pulled her into bed. She started laughing. "Come here Angel." I wrapped my arms around her middle and pulled her as close to me as possible. She rested her head on my shoulder I started placing soft kisses to the crook of her neck. After awhile I heard her breath even out. I drifted off a few minutes later. I only woke up when Rachel started to scream and thrash. She was screaming for her father to stop hurting her. For her sister not to leave her. I gently shook her. "It's ok it's not real your safe here." She shot straight up she looked horrified. Tears were streaking her face. I got up and walked over to her. Gently I took her hand. "It's ok I am here your dad can't hurt you anymore not well I am here. And I am not going anywhere. She threw herself into my arms and started sobbing. I started to run my fingers through her hair. "It's not real he can't hurt you. He will never hurt you again Angel." After awhile she fell asleep. But I couldn't all I could think about was what was going to happen to her tomorrow. When she goes to pick up her stuff at her dads.