Will you stand by me when I am weak?

Rachel's POV:

I woke up with Alex's arm wrapped around my stomach. Her face was buried in the crook of my neck. She looked so beautiful I got so caught up in looking at her that I didn't notice her wake up. She started to stir next to me then her eyes fluttered open. "Well isn't this one of the best things to wake up to. My gorgeous girlfriend looking at me." I laughed at her ridiculousness. "Oh how you like to flatter me." She leaned up and pressed a lazy kiss to my lips. "You know it angel." After a few minutes of laying in bed I turned to Alex. "We better get out of bed. I have to get my stuff from my house. Then I get to meet your mother. And we have to figure out how to tell your mother that we are dating." Alex groaned but rolled out of bed and offered me her hand. Which I gratefully accepted Alex gave me some of her clothes to wear. When we were dressed we walked downstairs to get breakfast. When I walked downstairs there was a woman who looked to be in her 40's. She had thick black hair much like Alex's but hers was longer. She had hazel eyes she smiled at me. "You must be Rachel my name is Clara I am Alex's mom. And the person who is going to be taking you in. It is great to finally meet you." Alex walked over and hugged her mother. "Mom when did you get home?" "Late last night I saw you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you." She looked between me and Alex and I realized she must have saw how close we were. "Mom I would like to formally introduce you to my girlfriend Rachel." Clara started to smile. "I am happy for you you know I will always support you." Clara then turned to me. "Rachel I want you to know that you will always be accepted in this house no matter what. You never have to be afraid of being yourself around me." With those words I nearly burst into tears I finally was in a place where I was accepted. People who care about me. "Can I hug you?" Clara nodded. "Of course hugs are always appreciated here." She pulled me into a hug. "Thank you for taking me in. I will always be grateful for this I owe you so much." Clara shook her head. "No you don't owe me anything. I am going to tell you a secret. When I was growing up my mom was a drug addict and my father wasn't in the picture. My mother barely left her room. So all the responsibility fell on me to take care of my sister. You don't need to do anything for me you being strong enough to leave is enough. So this weekend we are taking you shopping for some new clothes. And anything you want to make this feel like your home." That was it the tears started to fall down my face Clara wrapped me up in another hug. Clara made breakfast we had omelets it was so delicious. But that had to end after breakfast me and Alex got into her car and drove to my house. When we got there I sat in the car looking at the apartment building that had become my own private hell. "Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" I nodded "I am going to be ok there is not that much stuff. I will be in and out and as soon as I am done you are going to pick me up." I gave Alex a quick kiss before opening the door. I walked up the stairs to my old apartment. I looked at the door the memories of me walking in waiting for the beatings to start began washing over me. I took a deep breath and opened the door. When I walked in my father wasn't there so I walked to my room. I began to pack up my stuff. When the door opened I ran out of my room to see my father in the kitchen. He turned around. "Where the hell have you been? And what the fuck are you wearing?" My stomach dropped I was still wearing Alex's clothes. "They are just a friends I stayed the night. Why do care?" Red hot anger burned on my fathers face. "Don't talk to me like that you bitch not after you killed your mother." He walked over to me and grabbed my hair and pulled me into the kitchen. He slammed my head into the counter until I was on the ground. He started to kick me after that was finished and I could barely breathe. He opened to drawer and pulled out the knife he used to create the worst scar on my body. "I am going to teach you to never talk back to me again." I thought well if he is going to kill me might as well tell him the truth. "Hey dad I guess you fucked up in more ways then one. Guess what you raised a fag congratulations I am gay." With that he grabbed my arm and cut down my arm. Then he cut from the base of my neck down to my waist. After that he started to punch and kick me again. I thought that was it he was going to kill me. But the door burst open and I heard screaming before it all went black.

Alex's POV:

Something was very wrong it was almost an hour since Rachel left to get her stuff. She said it shouldn't take longer then twenty minutes. What if something happened that was it I got out of the car and walked into the building. Rachel told me the number so I started up the stairs until I got to the apartment. I heard yelling so I burst through the door to see Rachel on the floor covered in blood. And her father beating the shit out of her. I ran over to him and asked me who I was. "I am the girl who is in love with your daughter." With that I started to bash his head into the counter. After he had passed out I called 911 the ambulance arrived fifteen minutes later. They got Rachel into the ambulance and on an IV I stayed with her the whole time. When we got to the hospital the doctors called for emergency surgery. They rushed into the OR my mom who worked at the hospital ran out. I collapsed in her arms crying. "She was supposed to be ok mom I can't lose her." 5 hours later Rachel was still in surgery from what my mother told me there was severe damage internally they were trying to fix. And she kept crashing they thought they were going to lose her. But I know her she is a fighter. After seven hours of waiting a doctor came out. "She is stable for now it was touch and go there for awhile. We are closely monitoring her right now." "Can I see her?" "I am sorry only family is allowed in the room at this time." "I am her girlfriend and the only family she has right now. I have to see her!" "Ok but there is something I have to tell you. She is in a coma and she might not wake up. The damage to her brain was severe I am sorry. But I will take you to her." The doctor lead Me back to Rachel's room. When they walked in Rachel was in the bed unconscious with a breathing tube down her throat. She had an IV in her arm that was dripping saline into the tube attached to the IV. She had a large gauze on her arm and her face was bruised and battered. She looked so broken It broke my heart. I sat down in the chair next to her I took her hand. "Hey Angel I am glad you are ok. But I need you to do something for me. Come back to me please come back. Which means you have to keep fighting for me. You are so strong and I know you can do it. And I am not leaving you ever I am going to be here every step of the way." Tears started to fall. "Please Rachel please come back to me."