Oh tony...

Summary: Tony Stark. Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. That's what the world has labeled him. Oh and he is also labeled as Iron Man, the 'robot' who protects their world from aliens and nukes. So he stands strong, and refuses to let anyone see him as weak because as his father said, 'Stark men aren't weak, Stark men are made of Iron'. But what happens when he's hit a little too hard in battle and finds himself struggling alone in his lab, trying to fix the damage.

TW: Mentions of PTSD, abuse and brief mentions of rape.

//////////////

Tony Stark, Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist, Iron Man.

Those are the words used to describe him. Tony thinks that they describe him perfectly, because after all he has to be a well oiled machine. He can't show any sign of weakness, his father Howard always said, 'Stark men aren't weak, Stark men are made of Iron'. In a way Tony is made of Iron, not his physical being, but his suit of armor. The one that protects his body from harm and the one that keeps his thoughts locked away.

'If you drop it you aren't allowed back in Anthony' Howard sat at his desk looking down on an eight year old Tony.

'Yes dad' Tony replied looking up at his father scared of what might happen.

'I think you mean sir, Anthony' Howard scolded, punishing his boy with a slap to the cheek. Watching for any sign of pain, the young boy held back his tears and fought to keep his face clear of emotion.

'Yes sir' Tony held out his hand and in it Howard placed a piece of metal, it was hot. Very hot and Tony could feel it burning his hands.

'Squeeze it Anthony' Howard commanded looking for fear and pain in his boys eyes. Tony took a breath and clasped his hand, tears almost spilling over at the scorching pain the metal brought. 'There we go, you may drop it now.' Tony dropped it immediately and waited to be dismissed. 'See Anthony, you must never show any sign of weakness, that's how they get you. An always remember, Stark men are made of Iron'

'Made of Iron' Iron was strong, so Tony was strong as well. Tony however, didn't know how much force he could resist before bending, because even iron bends and breaks.

'You are worthless Anthony'

'You are worthless'

'Worthless'

Tony woke up with sweat dripping down his face, he hated nightmares. He refused to sleep because of them, the only times he would sleep was if he had drunken himself to unconsciousness, or in this case, worked until he dropped. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the Iron man gauntlet which rested on his desk, he had to get back to work.

He must have been working for another hour when JARVIS said, 'Sir your presence is requested in the meeting room for a debriefing' Tony sighed, he rubbed his eyes once more and asked, "Is this a request that I can ignore" He knew it wasn't, but he had to ask. 'I'm afraid not sir'.

Tony groaned and stood up heading towards the elevator. Once the doors closed he felt a sudden sharp pain to his chest. "Ouch, JARVIS. What's happening, my god it hurts, JARVIS?"

'Sir it appears as though the arc reactor is experiencing some malfunctions. It is advised you check it soon' Tony groaned again and pushed himself up from where he had fallen to the floor just in time for the doors to open. "Ok JAR, I'll check it after the debrief" He stepped out before the AI could argue. He made his way to the conference room and opened the door to see everyone sitting around it with one pissed looking Fury standing at the end.

"Nice of you to join us Anthony" That name caused a hitch in his breathing but he shook it off keeping his ever calm exterior and replied taking his seat.