Chapter 15: Cuteness Overload

"Cat person or dog person?" you asked.

"Mm, tough, but I'll go with dogs" Yoongi replied and you gasped holding your hand in front of your chest mid-air.

"Cats, I'm a cat person" you said. He looked at you amused, so dramatically cute.

"I mean, cats are fine too" he said with a smirk.

He briefly thought about how his fans likened him to a cat all the time and gifted him cat ears during fan-signs. If that could have any purpose right now, he'd be grateful because he couldn't quite wrap his head around where they were coming from*.

"We are nearly there now" Yoongi said with a relaxed smile. In the end the trip wasn't as bad as he had imagined. You had a way of making him feel more comfortable, for the last half hour you had been playing 'this or that' and he happily answered as you both learnt about each other.

You eased him into conversation before he could even try and he felt less and less anxious as everything went smoothly. You even sang and danced to a few songs being all silly and he didn't think twice about being a little ridiculous around you.

He found a spot to park and you got out of the car only a few blocks away from the book street. Yoongi stepped out and as he saw you climbing out of the car he hurried over to hold the door for you. He hadn't thought about that and was late, so he found himself awkwardly holding his hand mid-air.

To his surprise you reached out to it and wrapped your fingers around it, letting both your hands fall in between you. Yoongi felt the heat raise to his face, he didn't mean that at all, but you took it, right? You'd wanted to do that. He was glad his red cheeks were covered by his mask.

You made your way through the busy street and Yoongi was surprised at your eagerness as you pulled him around from one shop to the other. You picked up a small tattered book and looked at it with big eyes, carefully turning the pages and admiring what looked like short poems.

Letting go of his hand, you walked in the little shop and asked the man inside about the price. Yoongi saw as your eyes widened and your smile dropped. He pouted at the sight without realizing it. You handed the book back to the man and another book on the shop next door caught your eye.

Yoongi made sure you wouldn't move from where you were and walked in the shop you had just left. He came out holding the little book you had returned and handed it to you "did you want this?" you took it with a pout and handed it back to him.

"I do, but I can't afford it, it's rarer than I thought" you explained.

"Take it" he chuckled and you looked puzzled "it's yours now." You gawked at him then looked at the little book and back at him.

"But this is expensive" your eyebrows were furrowed.

"It doesn't matter, I saw how you were looking at it" Yoongi mumbled and looked away embarrassed. You suddenly pulled down his mask and planted a kiss on his cheek before sliding it back in place.

"Thank you so much" you chirped and he looked down at you with wide eyes. You could tell he was blushing because of the pink tint of the bridge of his nose.

"I've been looking for this one for years" you smiled brightly at him and you could see his eyes getting narrower in a crescent moon shape as he was probably smiling too. You put it away in your satchel and looped your arm around his as he had put his hands in his pockets.

That's it, his skin was permanently flushed now, he thought and took a deep breath. You walked around for a while before you made your way to one of the many quaint cafés to have lunch. You placed your little pile of books on the table and Yoongi tried not to laugh at your whole cheerful demeanor.