" I have two reasons. One, they can do anything to Diya, after this. She has no one now. If you marry her she will be safe. If I make her marry someone, I can't say he would make her happy. I can only trust you. Another reason is that, I'm selfish, I want her to be my daughter in law. She is such a kind hearted girl who is not after your money or looks. Edward, look at me. I assure you, you both are lucky to get each other. I'm sure you would be a great couple like none. Please accept this, son. I will be really grateful if you do this for me. Please" she said and I could see she was worried.

" Why are you saying please mom? You are my world. You are my everything mom. I will do anything for you. I know you won't do anything without thinking about it twice. This is my life and am sure you would have thought deep before taking this decision. I accept mom" I said, giving her an assurance look.

" Thank you, son" she said and hugged me.

We then went to see Diya sitting in the sofa sobbing softly and when she saw us, she started to wipe her tears.

" Don't cry, dear" mom said and she nodded. Mom sat beside her and took Diya's hand in her's and patted.

" Diya. Don't get me wrong. I know this is fast, but am afraid Priya or her mom would do something bad. I'm also sacred to get you married to someone else. I can't assure you that they will make you happy. I can't trust anyone other than my son. Edward accepted to marry you. Do you agree to marry my son? I know it's too fast, but "

" Aunty, I don't think I can marry him" she said leaving us shocked. Does she love someone? Or Is she thinking am not worthy enough to marry her?

" May I know the reason, dear? Are you hesitant to get married to a foreigner? Or do you like someone? "

" Aunty, he is the most eligible bachelor in town. I have heard Priya mentioning it once. He is a doctor. I'm no way good enough to marry your son. It has nothing to do with him being a Non- Indian. I had not imagined getting married because of them and this is beyond my thoughts. I don't love anyone. But, he is supposed to marry a better woman who is equal to him" she said and tried not to look at me.
I don't know, but I relaxed when I got to know that she doesn't love anyone. Is she a fool? Is work or knowledge or me being famous important for marriage?

" Oh Diya. Knowledge, status or anything of that sort has nothing to do with marriage. Honestly, I don't want my son to get married to a gold digger or a selfish girl. I think you are the perfect one for my son. I always said and promised your mom to see her daughter as mine and give her my love and care. My world is Edward and I want to give him to you. Please say yes for this marriage" she said emotionally and I hugged her from back. I haven't seen her talk like this. I think she strongly believes her. I love my mom very much and from today the respect for her has again increased to infinity.

" Aunty, these are all big words. Please, you don't have to ask me like this. You are like my mom. I have no one in this world now. I completely believe you and I agree to this marriage" she said, looking at my mom with tears rolling down her eyes.

" Thanks dear. Edward will definitely be a good husband to you. Then, I have planned the wedding tomorrow in concord church as you both know that I can't afford to take risks and also tomorrow is Sunday" she said shocking me and Diya.

"So soon. Unbelievable mom, you already knew that we would definitely agree and you have preplanned it accordingly. Seriously, Jesus!! Don't tell me this is again a surprise" I said rolling my eyes.

" Oh. Stop it Ed. Let's pack the things and get ready for the flight in three hours and you inform John and Linda to join us. I have booked tickets for them too" she said and I shook my head in disbelief.

"Aunty, I don't have much things there, but right now I can't take it" Diya said to my mom.

"It's ok dear. Come lets go and get your things "she said frightening her. She was hell serious. Mom is really something. She is always good at surprising, scratch it - shocking people, but this was all too much to digest.

She dragged Diya and went out to knock the door and there was no response.

"May be she would've gone out. You just open and we will go in" she said and Diya entered the number combination to unlock it.

Leaving them, I went in to pack my things and called John in the middle of the night.

"Ryan, What is it man?" he asked in a sleepy voice.

" Tell Linda to get up and put the phone on speaker. This is really important" I said in a serious tone. After a minute, I got a response.

" yes, tell us " he said

" I'm getting married "

" In your dreams. Just go and sleep Ryan. You're disturbing my beauty sleep. Good night" Linda said from the other end.

" Hey, I'm serious. Let me tell you in short " I said and narrated the whole incident while packing my things.

"Holly shit. Wedding...You...Wait, this is a dream, right? " Linda exclaimed and I could hear a slapping sound.

" Baby, why did you slap me now? You just used the situation. This is not fair" I heard John say that and I laughed.

" Do I need a reason to hit you baby? You still don't  know how much I love you? " she said and he was about to say something but I continued

" I'm damn serious...Listen guys. I'm sorry to disturb you at midnight. But you know you're my only best friends and I want you to be with me. "

"Do you think you can marry without us being there?" Linda asked and

" Sure man. But, how?" John asked me.

" Mom had booked tickets for you as well. So, just pack you things within an hour and come to my home after you are done " I said and ended the call when I heard a my mom screaming " Edwarddd"

How's the chapter guys?

The next 3 chapters will be about their wedding. I'm really excited. How about you?

It's going to be their wedding. So, I changed the cover picture. Did you like it ?

~ 1686 words ~