𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 - azula

word count // 607
pov // 3rd
this is procrastination at its finest :))
also please leave requests! your girls going through a bit of a block
btw my phone is still taken away and i wrote this on a school computer on google docs so the layout may be a bit funky :))

tw // verbally?abusive relationship, implication of animal abuse

————

"You heard me!"

"You can not leave me here, Azula!"

Another argument, not that it wasn't like their other fights.  (Y/N) glared at his girlfriend, the teenager holding the letter she had sent him in his hand.  He wanted to cry, but she'd insult him and call him a "little girl".  The girl crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.  "Just because you don't want to be left here doesn't mean that it's the wrong choice. I'm leaving you here and that's final."

She won't come back, he convinced himself. This is her way of breaking up with me. He started to tremble and he shook his head, grabbing Azula and pulling her to his chest. "Tell me you're not breaking up with me."

"Please, (Y/N). Let go of me! You know that this is a dangerous mission, and you cannot bend!" She pushed the boy off, glaring at him with hatred. He felt his heart sink to the bottom of his stomach. "The two of us have to admit that we never ever worked out in the first place."

There's someone else, there has to be. "Who is it?"

"Excuse me?!" Azula stepped intimidatingly close to (Y/N), almost knocking him backwards.  He stood his ground, though, and he glared at her.  Right in her eyes.

"Are you cheating on me?"

CRACK!

(Y/N) held his face, now tearing up and glaring at the dark-haired girl.  She scowled at him, hatred and anger intertwining and now making her glare at him with the ugliest face he had ever seen.  "You selfish, worthless, pathetic, pansy bitch!  Why in the world would I cheat on you?!"

"Why would you think of breaking up with me?!  You're not going to die!"

"Why would you think that I am cheating on you?!  When we clearly don't work?!"  Azula grabbed his collar and shoved him out of her bedroom, knocking him to the floor.  "Get out.  Leave.  Go!  Get out of here!"

She was screaming now, watching as he squirmed on the ground and tried to get up.  "Zules—"

"LEAVE!  GUARDS, HELP ME!  GET HIM OUT OF HERE!"

"(Y/L/N), it's time for you to leave."

————

He hasn't left—he was brought to a different area in the Castle, and he was now in the courtyard. He fed the turtleducks with care, smiling and chuckling when they would snap at him playfully. He wanted to talk to Azula, but one of the royal guards had told him that she already left.

There wasn't anyone else. Azula has told him something many years ago that he never forgot.

"You're one of the only guys that have ever willingly been around me. Not even my brother wants to be around me." The little girl glared at the turtleducks and went to chuck a rock at one of the ducklings.

(Y/N) grabbed her wrist, taking the rock away and instead giving the duckling a bit of seed. "You are a bit of a mean girl. I think you just have to smile more—nicely, not that weird and sneaky way—and maybe not insult your brother and scare your mom."

Azula flashed pink, grabbing another rock and throwing it at the boy, landing a hit on the side of his head. He cried out in pain and started to tear up. Azula smirked, "Aw, are you a crybaby?"

"This is why no one likes you!" The turtleduck in front of the teenager quacked, turning and occupying herself with her ducklings. He grabbed a rocks dm went to throw it, but stopped himself and dropped his arms to his side. He allowed himself to cry freely, tears falling down his cheeks and landing on his robes.

He covered his nose with his sleeve, sucking in a breath through his mouth and plopping onto the ground. He ignored the sharp pain in his backside and leaned back, letting his head hit a tree root heavily. His vision was spotty—anything better than this being real.

Azula broke up with him. Even after she had told him times over that she loved him, that no one else cared for her like he did—

—she was able to leave him so easily.