Chapter Forty-One ♡

Herc's POV

"Per'aps that was not what we should 'ave done?" Laf asked as we walked down the hospital hall.

"What d'you mean? Don't tell me you would've taken the other way out, babe," I answered, huffing. "We don't need to deal with that."

"I suppose.." Laf responded after a moment.

"Look." We stopped, and I took his hand. "It was the fair thing to do, Laf. Trust me. You trust me, right?"

He nodded immediately. "Oui."

I smiled. "So see? Now c'mon. Let's go tell John he doesn't need to get Angelica involved."

~

"You really told her everythin', huh? Even how you broke our promise?"

"Not that but... everything else," I answered. "You surprised or something?"

"Honestly, yes," John chuckled to himself. "I'm gonna have to tell her that myself then later."

My eyes widened. "But you said you'd let that go!" I exclaimed.

"I talked to John this morning about it," Alex interjected. "We came to an agreement it's something that shouldn't be kept from her. She deserves to know."

"We're lucky she took everything we told her well! There's no way she's gonna take that well!" I tried.

"Well, you shoulda thought about that before you did it, shouldn't you?" John responded coolly. "Didn't seem like it was a big deal to either of you when it happened, honestly."

"It was the heat of the moment; I was angry," I defended, folding my arms.

"I wasn't expecting that to 'appen," Laf added. "I was surprised."

"Well, Herc, angry or not, your immediate response shouldn't be to f*ckin' slap me. Especially full-force; that sh*t seriously hurt."

"Look, I'm really sorry, okay? I didn't mean it," I sighed. "It was a sh*tty move to use jeopardizing our relationship as a way to get our attention, though."

"And how else was I s'pposed to?" John questioned. "Last time I checked, you were ignorin' Alex and I's messages and didn't even want me in the damn apartment when I showed up. You didn't listen to anything else I did, Herc."

"For good reason!" I snapped.

John glared at me. "Y'know, I really thought you'd gotten your head outta your *ss finally. Looks like I was wrong."

"Look who's talkin'," I hissed, stepping closer.

Alex suddenly stood up, marching over and standing between us. "Jesus Christ, you two, enough! We're not doing this sh*t again!"

John's figure relaxed after a moment and he sighed, running a hand down his face. But I didn't move.

"I thought I was gonna be able to finally go see (Y/N) myself, but how am I s'pposed to when you two are acting like this again?" Alex continued.

"I can 'elp, you know," Laf commented, standing up as well.

"Laf, I love you, but don't even try. We both know damn well you're still on Herc's side of things."

"Like you're not on John's?" I scoffed.

"I'm trying to stop you two from fighting, goddamnit! Now, are you gonna calm the hell down or what?" Alex snapped.

"Lex, you can go see (Y/N)," John spoke up. "I was gonna go see (B/F/N) and Amara and tell them she's awake now. I'll prob'ly tell the sisters while I'm at it too."

Alex's POV

Without waiting for a response, John grabbed his keychain and phone, walking to the door with only a "bye" to me. Perhaps it was for the best.

I sighed, looking at Herc. "Can you go five minutes without snapping at him? We were doing so good, and he really doesn't deserve it!"

"So, it's my fault?" Herc responded.

"If you had responded to John respectfully, instead of snapping at him and saying "for good reason", then that wouldn't've happened. So, I'm sorry, but yes, it's your fault."

Before Herc could reply, his phone started ringing. He picked it up from the table. "Hello?"

Pause. "Umm, yeah, sure, I can do that. Half-hour from now?" Another pause. "Great! See you then!"

He hung up. "I'm going to my shop, someone wants to place a special order. Wanna come with, Laf?"

Laf nodded. "Oui."

So, after a few minutes, my other two boyfriends were gone with hardly a goodbye, leaving me alone.

Sighing, I sat down in the armchair, reaching for my phone as a thought entered my head. They'd seemed way too willing to tell us they'd told (Y/N) what had happened, especially Herc. Something just didn't seem right.

I went to John's contact.

Alex: Hey, love. Really sorry about Herc. I had a question, though

It was a few minutes before I got a response; John must've arrived at Amara and (B/F/N)'s.

Johnny: It's not your fault Lexi. What's up?

Alex: Do you really think Herc and Laf told (Y/N) everything? They just seemed... suspicious

Johnny: I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. You're not wrong honestly, but let's just hope they did

Alex: Yeah. I'm off to see her now, though. I love you

Johnny: Okay, love you too babe. I'll see you later

I shut my phone off, standing up and going to get my own keychain from the kitchen island. Once I had them, I made my own way out, locking the door behind me.

I guess I'd find out once I saw (Y/N) if Herc and Laf confessed things. Hopefully, they did. I was sick of the fighting.

okay so originally i wasn't gonna go this way, but i thought more about it and decided i wasn't done with the drama q u i t e yet. don't worry tho, it shouldn't last too long. sorry not sorry-

is it funny that i have an idea on how i want this book to end but i still have no idea how and when i'm gonna get there? aw well, i'm figuring it out as i go lol

hope y'all liked this tho and i'll cya in the n e x t chapter. have a good day :)

~ Galaxy