Chapter Thirty ♡

~ one week later ~

Your POV

The week before I could go home seemed to drag on for ages, but I was finally able to leave. So, luckily, with only my arm in a sling, I got to take off with Amara as the afternoon trickled in.

"So, you're finally out," Amara teased as we got into her car, "now what?"

I laughed. "I honestly have no idea, Mars."

"We could always go to the mall; give the guys a little scare because they think I'm bringing you right back," she suggested, making me laugh more.

"Don't you think this whole situation was a scare enough?"

"I mean, you gave me a definite heart attack if that counts," Amara responded. "C'mon, (N/N), have a little fun~!"

I pulled out my phone. No new messages.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Fine- let's do it."

Amara put the car into reverse. "Yes! Best friend time!"

Leave it to Amara O'Connell to make my first five minutes out of the hospital interesting.

~

"So this is freedom," I joked as we walked around the first floor of the mall (it was two stories).

"Yeah. You've been missing out," Amara responded, sending me a playful smile.

"No need to remind me, Mars."

"I'm one of your best friends; it's my job to-- Alex?"

I looked up. "What?"

Sure enough, Alex was in the Starbucks we were about to walk by. Across from him was someone I eventually identified as Maria Lewis. "Oh hey, I guess you're right."

"Since when does he hang out with Maria?" Amara asked.

I shrugged. "We've hung out with her a couple times, and I have with the Schuylers, too. I guess her and Alex like to do their own thing." (or each oth-- i mean wHaT?)

"Do we go inside and say 'hi'?"

I shook my head. "There's no need. C'mon! Let's keep going!"

Amara laughed. "Okay!"

We ended up wandering into a Hot Topic, Amara immediately looking for the Harry Potter stuff before excitedly walking over to it. I laughed to myself, looking for (F/Band) merch.

"(Y/NNN), they actually have a decent amount of Ravenclaw things for once," Amara gasped dramatically, looking over to me.

"Really now? How much (Hogwart's house) stuff they got?" (if you're a Ravenclaw just ignore the second question-)

"About the same. Come look!"

"But I'm looking at band merch!"

"Unless they have 'Pray for the Wicked' sh*t, don't drag me over there," Amara spoke, myself watching as she - attempted - to grab a Ravenclaw Quidditch Team Captain shirt.

"That's for you to look for," I responded, turning and grabbing a (F/B) shirt before walking over to the Harry Potter section. "Need help, Mars?"

"(Y/N), good luck helping me while your arm is in a sling," Amara snickered, finally managing to pull the shirt down. "Got it!"

While Amara went to look for 'Pray for the Wicked' merch (which I saw, I just didn't want to tell her that), I continued to look at the Harry Potter things. I eventually decided to get a regular (Hogwart's house) shirt. (sorry if y'all don't like HP, I just happen to love it soooo y e a h)