Chapter Two ♡

just a head's up; anything with (B/F) in front of it means best friend's. for example; (B/F/NN) would be her nickname, and (B/F/EC) would be her eye color. that's all~!

---

Next stop, the café.

Your POV

(B/F/N) and I made it to the café in record time, pretty much doubled over in laughter. We saw the guys run up. "Not cool!" John whined.

(B/F/N) smirked. "Very cool! Right (N/N)?"

I giggled. "Right (B/F/NN)."

Alex groaned, but he smiled. "Let's just get lunch."

I nodded. "Food sounds good after that. Lez go!"

I ran inside, (B/F/N) and John following me.

Soon enough, the six of us were situated. I was by the window, next to (B/F/N). John was next to her. (B/F/N) looked at me. "Whatchu gettingggg?"

I laughed. "Probably (F/D) and (F/F), you should know this by now. You're the one who got me to like it remember?"

(B/F/N) face-palmed. "Oh yeah! I'll probably get (F/D) too. As for lunch... I'll find something."

Laf looked over at us, an amused grin on his face. "'ave you two always been this close?"

(B/F/N) laughed, looking at me, a sparkle in her (B/F/EC) eyes. "Yeah, we have. I'm surprised we've only fought once. Even that wasn't that bad."

I nodded. "Yeah. We only didn't talk for like, what, a week? Then we both came running back to each other."

We laughed, and a waitress came up to our table. "Hi! You guys ready to order some drinks?"

We all nodded, and gave her our orders. She gave us a smile and walked away.

I turned back to the three guys across from me, my gaze flicking to John now and again to show him I was talking to him too. "Enough about us. How did you guys even meet?"

Alex grinned. "We've known each other since high school. Originally, John and I were together, and Herc and Laf were a thing too."

"Then we found ourselves liking each other," Herc added, chuckling. "But that wasn't until about a year ago."

I nodded. "That's pretty cool. Did any of you have like... previous relationships... so to say.. if you don't mind me asking?"

"I had a girlfriend beforehand... otherwise nope."

I thought a moment. "Eliza Schuyler?"

Alex looked at me, confused. "Yeah. How do you know?"

I shrugged. "I'm friends with Eliza. She told me everything," I answered, laughing.

Alex chuckled. "I see. I'm not very surprised."

The waitress came back, handing us our drinks. I took a sip of my (F/D).

"You guys all good to order?"

I looked at everyone. "I'm good. You guys?"

They all nodded. The waitress took out her notepad, jotting down our orders, and then walked away again.

"Did you guys hear about the summer festival that's coming next month?" (B/F/N) asked. I remembered her talking about it. Her and I already made plans on when to go.

The guys shook their heads. I chuckled. "We've made plans to go since we found out. It's said to be one of the biggest events in Central Park this year."

"That's so cool! Hey, maybe we could go with you guys!" John said.

I looked at (B/F/N). "You cool with that? I don't mind."

(B/F/N) shook her head. She paused a moment though before answering. "I don't mind either."

Herc grinned. "Cool! This sounds like it'll be fun."

(B/F/N) nodded. "(N/N) and I went last time it was around. It was awesome!"

I smiled. "Yeah! That was like two years ago though. I'm sure it's gotten way better."

We continued talking about random topics until our food came. We talked a bit as we ate, but lunch was a mostly silent affair (ha. "affair". can't wait to rewrite that).

After we payed, we found ourselves outside of the café. "What now?" I asked, looking at my group of friends.

Laf shrugged. "We could always go back to the park."

I grinned. "J'aime ta façon de penser."

Laf chuckled. "Merci, mon amie."

(B/F/N) rolled her eyes playfully. "I can't understand a single word you two just said, but whatever you said, I'm assuming it means we're going back to the park."

Laf nodded. "Oui."

"Okay... I know that means 'yes'. Let's just go."

We all laughed and walked back to the park, heading to the spot (B/F/N) and I found the guys at. We just decided to sit in the grass and talk.

In a few minutes of talking, I realized that (B/F/N) and I had seen them in high school. We just didn't realize it was them until now. I mentally face-palmed for not recognizing John's insane amount of freckles. When I pointed that out, John laughed. The guys also realized they saw us once or twice too. The more you know.

~ two hours later ~

We decided to call it a day, but not without planning another hangout this weekend. It was currently Wednesday, and we decided to meet at the same café for breakfast on Saturday, We'd go from there.

"I'll walk ya back to your apartment, (N/N)," (B/F/N) said.

"Gotcha. See you guys on Saturday!"

The guys said their goodbyes as (B/F/N) and I walked away.

"God, I'm so excited for the festival!" she exclaimed.

I laughed. "Me too! It's gonna be awesome!"

(B/F/N) giggled. "I'm sure we won't forget this year."

I nodded, smiling. "Yeah. From the looks of it, it's gotten better."

"Yeah!"

We arrived at my apartment a few minutes later. (B/F/N) gave me a hug. "I'll see ya Saturday, (N/N)!"

I hugged her back. "Til then, my best friend."

(B/F/N) laughed, walking down the hall. "I love yaaaa!"

"I love ya moreeee!" I replied.

"Nope! Impossible!"

We both laughed as she walked down the hall. As she walked, I felt a sudden pang of something. But what? I didn't still like her, did I?

...did I?

~

"I'm sure we won't forget this year," I said.

We really wouldn't... I knew it was only a matter of time before I lost her. I couldn't lose (N/N) to the guys already...

---

chapter two~! I wonder what (y/n)'s best friend has in mind for the festival...

...and why she paused before saying the guys could join them during the festival...

~ Galaxy