" I have to be cunning to win an evil person like you. Most importantly, why did you want your daughter to marry an outlander? Just because my son is famous and we are rich. Such a cheap mind. You don't have any right to talk bad about me. Just stay out of Diya's life or else I will file a domestic violence case against you " she said and while she was about to end the call

" Diya don't believe her. She is up to something" uncle said from the other end looking at me with innocent eyes.

" Uncle why did you do this to my parents? I always treated you like my father till now. I have accepted all the cruelty, only because my dad told me to see you as my parents and not like a relative. But, you have killed him. How could you? " I kneeled on the floor and cried hard. How could they do this to us?

Uncle remained silent but aunty spoke " Diya, don't believe her. Do you know her before? How sure are you that she is telling the truth? How come you believe her? She is new to you.." she said while aunt grace got up and walked to the table to get a bag. She shuffled in and took out something.

" Have a look at this dear. This was given to me by Anu and we both have the same design" she showed a bracelet which was my mom's favourite. I still remember her wearing it.

" Look at all these photos. Can you see this, it's your parents and this is Peter and me" she said leaving with confused.

" Not only this, Peter and Ram were best friends. They met during an international conference for doctors held in India. Ram discussed with Peter about your old age home and hospital and he invited him to take a look. Seeing all those, Peter wanted to help and he also helped your father in getting the modern equipments from here. That was when Anu and I became best friends. I also got to know these people while we visited your house. See all these pictures. Do you believe me now? She asked me and then turned to aunty and said

" Do you have anything to say? You have shown how cheap you are "

Aunty looked at Priya and said " Priya go to your home. You are a cheater Grace. You tricked us. I will surely get revenge on you" saying this, she ended the call.

Priya got up and glared at me. she was fuming with anger. But, didn't speak anything and walked out furiously without turning back.

I broke down even more thinking about my fate. I don't know for what I stayed alive for all these years. Aunt Grace knelt down to hug and patted me on the back.

" It's alright dear. I know you have gone through a lot. First get up and sit on the sofa" she asked pulling me up.

I got up and sat on the sofa crying.

" I'm sorry. I was unable to save you from the cruelty. I didn't get the right time" she said as she lifted my face to see her.

I couldn't speak anything. So, I just hugged her tightly and cried. She was the only one who knew my parents and loved my mom.

" Don't cry, dear. It hurts to see you like this. Please don't cry and I'm sorry"she said.

" Don't be sorry aunty. I believed them. It's just that I can't accept their betrayal. All these years I have been with a family who killed my parents. I have been serving them like a slave till now" I said weeping.

"I know its hard dear. Your parents didn't know their real character. See, now am there with you. You are safe here. I'm sure Anu and Ram will be happy now" she said, wiping off my tears and I nodded.

" Edward go and get some water"

" Do you believe me my child?" she asked with concern.

" Of course, I believe you aunty. You are the only one I know, who is related to my parents. I have been living a hard life without talking about my parents, leaving my identity and living as a maid. I have no words to thank you. My mom was very lucky to get you as her friend" I said looking into her eyes. I could see my mom in her.

She got the glass of water from Ryan and gave it to me to drink.

" Drink this and call me mom dear. I will be there with you from now on. I was lucky to have her as my friend. I have seen many fake namesake friends but, Anu wasn't like that. She was very caring and genuine" she said and once again I couldn't control my tears.
I will not be able to forget this day. All happened at once. In one evening my identity, my life everything turned upside down.

How's the chapter guys? Did you like it?