Chapter 28 - The Finale

Rogan Morgan's POV

I battled hard with the emotions that clawed in me when I lost her. The troubling thoughts purged all sanity in me, driving me to the doorstep of the one who brought us all to this state - Romeo.

There he was sitting on the swing looking out in a daze as I pulled up outside his mansion. My steps towards him were just as heavy as my heart was.

"You finally came..." He said in his frail and hoarse voice.

"I didn't come here just to visit you," I shot my words across to him.

I was all pumped up and ready to punch the shit out of Romeo whenever I thought about what he had done to Juliette.

However, that angsty thought disappeared the moment he turned around. As a brother, I just couldn't stomach the frail state that he was in. He was as pale as a sheet, his eyes were weary and void as though his soul has been emptied.

"Why? Romeo, why did you do these?" I clenched my jaw and fist at the gut-wrenching state that he had turned himself into.

"Go ahead... Do whatever you want with me..." He replied coldly.

"She has left!" I roared at him as I picked him up by the collar.

"What...? Wasn't she supposed to be with you?"   There was finally expression on his face upon hearing that news.

I took in a deep breath to recompose myself, "Romeo, for whatever that happened, you should have taken it out on me. Juliette is an innocent party in our rivalry, how could you... how could you have used her and hurt her... so much so that she has to leave this place in pain?!"He closed his eyes and exhaled, "It was never my intention to hurt her, I just wanted her to stay by side..."

"If you really love her, you wouldn't have done that to hurt her," I snapped back at Romeo to knock sense into him.

He snickered but tears flooded his blood-shot eyes as he stared straight back at me with his frail eyes that spoke of his tormented soul, "Rogan, I love her and I always do, but...this love of mine has become so pathetically insignificant to her in your presence. When you took her heart away from me, you left a void in my soul and it soon became filled with jealousy and hatred. I became so twisted that even I felt disgusted by what I did. Do you even know what does it feels like to even hate yourself?"

I was shaken to learn about how twisted Romeo had become because of me.

I swallowed a lump down my throat and fought the agonised emotion within me as I reinstated to him, "Romeo, all my life, I have never wanted to fight with you for anything, anything, except for her."

His voice trembled, the welled-up tears that were at the brink of release finally gave in to his overwhelming emotion, "The irony of all is that the only thing I have ever wanted in my life was her too, I knew that the moment I met her, it has always been her."

I had never seen this mellow side of him before, and that was what stirred the unbearable pain in me to learn that all my life I was willing to give my one and only brother anything that he wants because I love him and I just wanted to make it up to him for the love he should have deserve, but I never knew how all these years of giving became the seed to his hatred for me and the entire Morgan family. I've failed you as your elder brother.

Romeo, I'm sorry that the only one thing that I can't afford to give in to you is the woman whom we both love dearly.

I shook my head in defeat at just how ridiculous the situation has unfolded as we all became a secondhand victim of what the generation before us did.