Chapter 14 - The Gala

Hi Readers,

If you were a fan of Silver Lining, this is the chapter where Luciano and Clara pop in!

——————————————————————-
*Juliette Leclaire's POV*

"What? A gala? We are not celebrities or socialites, why do we need to attend such an event?" I questioned Rogan who revealed the invitation to me.

"Well, this isn't just some gala. It's a gala that is exclusively tailored for the Forbes billionaires. It's an opportunity for businessmen to connect with each other," Rogan explained."Sounds more like an excuse for playboy to hang out with socialites," I threw him a sarcastic remark.

"Which is why you have to attend this gala with me. Your husband here is back in the game in popular demand," He clicked his tongue and pointed to himself with a wink.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "Oh please, you might have been the cover boy a couple of times on Forbes magazine but that was then. Now, you're just a playboy on tabloids magazine, nobody is going to take you seriously."

His face suddenly turns straight as he said, "I'm kidding. I'm not asking you to go with me. I'm telling you. All eyes will be on the interest of the Morgans and the Leclaires, that is why we are there to represent our family interest. I'm sure you wouldn't want the Leclaires to lose out in the business field right?"

What?! I can't believe this man just shaft his command down my throat like this. For the interest of my family's business, I shall bite this bullet.

"Fine, I will go then," I said reluctantly.

"Well, we need to do some shopping for your dress first. It's a gala after all," He said."Ok, I promise I will buy a new dress for this," I said nonchalantly.

"Nope, I'm going to have to pick a dress for you personally. We are going to go shopping together," He said with a smile.

"Whatever," I shrugged my shoulders.

*At the boutique*

We arrived at this ridiculously extravagant boutique that I didn't even know it ever existed. The boutique was a spacious three-level building that was exclusively opened to invited guests only who must be rich enough to be on their list because have collections exclusively from prestigious designers. 

Upon arriving at the building, we were immediately greeted by a line of the staff. We were attended to very meticulously by a head staff who have been nothing but extremely courteous in a formal way, putting me through this regal experience that is seemingly too much for me.

Yes, I am an heiress from an affluent family, but my parents worked really hard for it and I was never taught to squander money on such things. I seriously questioned the choice of Rogan to come here for shopping, I shouldn't have trusted his taste.