Chapter 27 - The Departure

Jared's POV

"Phew... thank god you're out, I was about to barge in if I still didn't see you out," I heaved a sigh of relief upon the sight of Juliette.

However, I could tell that she was hardly holding herself together at the rate of how her red and teary eyes threatened to claim her face.

"Let's go, he told me this is where Rogan is being held at," She sniffled and wiped her tears before showing me the location of Rogan on her phone.

"Alright, let me get the cops now," I pulled out my phone as I entered into the car but Juliette stopped me immediately.

"No, Romeo said Oswald isn't around, we can just get Rogan out by ourselves. Please don't alert the cops, I don't want Romeo to be implicated with the cops," She explained concernedly.

I hesitated with the risk that we will both take on with this rescue without the cops.

"Please... Jared, I'm sure you don't want anything to happen to Romeo too right?" She pleaded.

"I can't believe you're still thinking for him after what he has done to you... Alright, fine, let's go now," I exasperated in disbelief at how forgiving Juliette is towards Romeo. 

Maybe this is the reason why Romeo fell head over heels with Juliette, the one and only woman who has nothing but genuine concern in having the best interest for him. Little does she knows that her good intentions have landed them no further than an entangled tragedy.

Juliette Leclaire's POV

"This is the place, let's go," Jared checked against his phone before alighting from his car. 

We followed the instructions that Romeo sent and led ourselves to a cell that has been installed with an electronic lock in this desolated warehouse. We had to be quick and stealthy with our movement just in case this place is still guarded.

We keyed in the code and the door came unlocked. Jared pushed opened the door and stepped into the cell before me.

"Jared?" Rogan's voice came through.

I hurried in and that's when I saw a weary-looking Rogan standing up before me.

"Juliette?" His voice quivered as his eyes glistened upon the sight of me.

"Rogan!" I broke into tears upon seeing Rogan as I ran up and hugged him.

"Thank god, you're still alive," I snivelled in gratitude as I continued to hold him tightly in my embrace.

"Julius! Your sister is held in captive too!" Rogan exclaimed.

"Julius managed to escape, and that's how I got to know you were captured," I reassured him.

"What about you? Did he hurt you? How did you two get in here?" He asked in a fluster as he scanned me from head to toe while he held me in his hands.

"We can explain to you that once we get out of here. Come on, let's go now!" Jared whispered anxiously.

Upon getting out from that place, we sent Rogan to the hospital as we were concerned about the injuries that he had sustained. On the way to the hospital, we explained to Rogan of how we managed to realise he was missing and how we got here.

Now that Rogan is safely out, the whole ordeal ain't exactly over yet.

While waiting for the doctor's examination of Rogan to be over, I decided what was best for all of us.

"Jared," I called out to Jared.

"Yea?" He asked with his brows raised.

"Can I crash at your place tonight?" I finally got this out of my mouth.