Chapter 9 - 5 Years Ago (5) The Tables have Turned

Hi Readers,

Rogan and Juliette will be back in Chapter 11, so hang in there and finish off Chapter 9 and 10 first!

——————————————————————

Juliette Leclaire's POV

I couldn't help smiling to myself whenever I think about Romeo, especially after what happened yesterday.

Gosh... I'm crushing so hard on him! Maybe I should take more initiative and see what happens?
What's coincidence is that just right after I had this thought, Romeo came striding into the CFO's office.

Alright, here goes nothing.

I approached his office and saw him seemingly busy packing his stuff. I cleared my throat and mustered the courage to knock on his door, "Erm... Hi Romeo, I was thinking if you would like to have lunch with me, like today?"

Romeo stopped packing and looked up at me for a brief moment before he responded to me with hesitation, "Oh, erm... I would love to, but I've got a flight to catch soon, I won't be back till next Monday..."

My heart sank and the defeated feeling within me decided to pull an emergency brake to this embarrassment, "Oh that's fine, I'm sorry, my bad, you're a busy man, I understand."Romeo stopped me from leaving and said, "Oh no, no, I mean if you don't mind, we could do next Monday instead, it will be my treat."

"Ok, sure!" Despite my attempt to contain the excitement within me, I could still feel how wide my smile was, even as I skipped my way out of his office.

"Psst..." Jared cued me to go over his cubicle when I passed by his.

"Yea?" I asked as I walked over to him.

"Don't you think Romeo seems real off today?" Jared asked me as he peered at Romeo from afar.

I turned around and looked hard at Romeo too, "Hmm.. he does look kind of uptight and intense today?"

"Yea, it's as though something is weighing on his mind. I mean that's pretty unusual of him," Jared added with a worrisome brood as he tapped the pen against his chin.

Come to think of it, what Jared said does make sense. Stupid me, I must have been too pre-occupied with my thoughts of him that I have forgotten to pay attention to him.

"Psst..." Jared cued me to lean in.

"He told me he will be away to Dublin for some work but I don't remember our department has any business there," Jared whispered.

"Well... I don't think it's nice of us to probe further into his business," I said nonchalantly as I didn't think much about Jared's concern.