Chapter 10 - 2 months before the Wedding

*2 months ago before the Wedding*

*At Morgan's Enterprise Headquarter*

Juliette Leclaire's POV

"So we just need to add in a few more clause in the agreement that matches their needs and we're officially done sealing the deal," Romeo explained while I can't help falling into a daze whenever I share any chance of having a private moment with him. I simply enjoyed studying the profile of his face even after working with him for five years.

I persuaded my parents to let me join Morgan's Enterprise after I graduated five years ago by telling them I wanted to learn the ropes of a successful business model. That was partially true, but the real reason for why I insisted on working for Morgan's Enterprise was because I wanted to stay by Romeo's side. With Jared's help, I had made an effort to ditch my glasses for good and be at my best form for work each time. But I am such an introvert that even up till date we have not progressed beyond friendship because I was afraid of ruining this friendship of ours should my love turns out one-sided.

"You alright?" Romeo asked as he peered at me. I shy my eyes away from him and blinked nervously, "Yea, I'm okay. Alright, I will make the amendment right away and send it back to you as soon as I get it done."

"Juliette," He stopped me from leaving just when I turned my back.

"Yea?" I turned around and combed the stray tendril of my fringe behind my ear.

"Thank you for everything you have done, it means a lot to me," He smiled at me.

"You're most welcome," I replied in a bashful manner that I couldn't help whenever he treats me this nice.

"Oh and don't forget, I will pick you up at your place for our family dinner at 6.30 pm," he reminded me before he dug his head back to the pile of work on his desk.

For reasons unknown, Romeo's parents have invited my entire family over diner at Morgan's residence for the first time. Whatever it may be, I am excited to meet his parents.

*Morgan's Residence*

Upon arriving at Morgan's residence, I was astonished by the sheer scale of the mansion as Romeo drove me in. It sits in charming formal gardens with a lake, glasshouses, a grotto and a sculpture walk.

As I stepped out of the car, I was led to a front door that could accommodate a family of giraffes. Then to the foyer that would accommodate the Serengeti Plant at the foot of a vast curving staircase that probably went to heaven. Polished wood floors and a graceful bannister that curved up toward a soaring second-floor gallery.

The interior of the mansion with frescoed ceiling took my breath away with the beautiful high arched windows that were framed with velvet burgundy drapes, the lace inner curtains remained drawn, allowing light to enter while rendering the heart-stopping view over the city.This extraordinarily grand Marble Palace Mansion is indulgently stuffed with statues and lavishly floored with marble inlay. The house is a blend of neoclassical and traditional architecture, filled with chandeliers, mirrors and clocks. Amid the eclectic jumble of objects, there lies a mahogany bust of Queen Victoria and paintings by Rubens and Titian.