Chapter 21 - The Pivotal Point

Juliette Leclaire's POV

My mind was in a whirl of unanswered questions that left me feeling unsettled ever since I heard that audio recording on Romeo's phone.

Every part of me still believes that Rogan isn't a minacious person who would have harmed his brother, but the audio recording is proving otherwise. Just how should I approach this matter? I don't want to doubt Rogan, at the same time I also don't want to leave Romeo in danger.

"Honey, are you okay?" Rogan called out to me and that cut me off from my thoughts.

"Yea, I am," I composed myself and assured him immediately.

"Did you heard me saying about the dinner tonight?" Rogan asked with a sceptical look."Dinner?" I asked with no recollection of that at all.

Rogan sighed and said as he walked up to me and pulled me into his embrace gently, "You must be worn out lately."

I gave him a perfunctory nod and smiled.

"I was saying my parents wanted us to go over for dinner tonight since Romeo is back. It will be our first dinner together with everyone present in the family," He said.

"Alright," I responded.

He gave me a peck on my forehead and said with his eyes laid on me gently," Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you this time around."

The taste of being in his safe arms was so assuringly satisfying that I found myself tugging even closer in his embrace.

Rogan...

*At the dinner*

After two bad prior experience at the Morgan's Residence, I couldn't help tightening my grip around Rogan's arm to make myself feel more secured the moment I stepped onto Morgan's Residence.

Rogan placed his hand over mine as a gesture to assure me further, making me feel safe in his hands.

"You two love birds are finally here, come on in, everyone is already waiting at the dining room," Rogan's mother said as she welcomed us.

Somehow I felt even more intimidated by her warm gesture after what had happened the last time when I was here.

"Sorry for keeping everyone waiting," Rogan said as we walked into the dining room.

Romeo's eyes shifted over to the sight of my hand around Rogan's arm for a brief moment before he looked away and gave a seemingly perfunctory smile at us.

"Welcome back home, Romeo," Rogan said as he gave a pat on Romeo's shoulder before pulling the chair out for me to sit on.