Chapter 14 - The Gala

Start from the beginning

"Rogan, this place is just too much, I don't think this is the right place," I whispered as I showed discretely to him one of the price tags of the gowns here.

"Silly, don't worry about the money, I have got it all covered," He dismissed my concern.Ya right, you are just shamelessly spending your family's money. Fine, if he doesn't give a damn to his own family's dime, why should I even care.

"Mr and Mrs Morgan, we have got the gowns ready for Mrs Morgan to try out. This way please," The head staff ushered us to the changing area.

There was a big ring of draped curtain that falls in front of this large full-length mirror which extends its way all around the room. In the centre is a circular podium and on the other end is a long velvety sofa that speaks nothing but opulence.

"Over here, Mrs Morgan," The head staff ushered me to step into the changing area behind the drapes of the curtain while Rogan just comfortably helps himself to the sofa, sipping away on the beverage in his hand.

That really irks me, am I here to do a monkey show for him?

At first, I was sceptical on some of the choice of the gown selected, specifically those that had revealing bits to it. However, upon putting on the first gown, I was "re-educated". Seems like the designers really know how to work their way in accentuating not just one contour, butalso confidence. I looked into the mirror, still in awe as I explored the seams of the gown down my curves. My gown bares half of my boobs exposed in a beautiful obscured manner behind the translucent material. The cutting reveals my cleavage in a modesty manner and the slit cutting up my thigh swivel opened as I walked. This has got to be the most daring dress that I have ever been but I'm pretty sure this will make the cut for Rogan.

As the curtain drew opened, I strode over and stood on the circular podium with a confident wide smile, awaiting for that compliment to come out from Rogan's mouth.

I swear he was dumbfounded upon the sight of me in that gown as he lowered the drink in his hand and covered his mouth immediately with his hand.

Come on, say it... I know it's going to be a yes for this dress.

Then pulled out his phone and walked over to me as he started snapping shots of me.

"What the hell are you doing?" I immediately cowered away from his snaps by covering my arms over my chest and blocking every suggestive angle that he can find.

"I'm just trying to test and see if this gown would look good on camera, you know there is going to be a media frenzy on that day, looking good on camera is a must," He explained as he continued to glue his eyes on his phone and snaps away at me.

"Hmm..." He broods hard as he swiped through the images in his phone.

No, there is no way he is going to say no this dress. I was feeling pretty confident in my choice.
"It's a no, for sure," He finally said it out after much contemplation.