Chapter 9 - 5 Years Ago (5) The Tables have Turned

Start from the beginning

*Monday*

Monday finally came as I reported to work in high spirits. I had been looking forward to having lunch with Romeo for the entire weekend.

"Romeo?" I called out to him in the middle of our lunch.

"Yea?" His eyes shifted back to me.

"Are you alright? You seemed caught up in your thoughts for a moment?" I asked with much concern.

"Sorry... I was just..." He choked back on his words and then he shook his head and snickered to himself as he lowered the food in his hand, "Never mind, it's nothing."

I can tell from his eyes that he seemed troubled and he hasn't been himself since this morning. I'm no position to press on and get him to open up to me, but at the same time, I was worried about him. So I guess the least I could do for him is to at least take his mind off from what's troubling him.

"Come on, let's go now, I have got somewhere I want to show you before lunchtime is up," I gestured to him as I stood up and picked up my bag.

"To where?" He asked in bafflement.

"You'll know once I show you," I winked at him in suspense.

Upon reaching back to Morgan's building, I led him into the lift and pressed the button to the highest floor.

He raised his brows questionably at me when I did so, but I just smiled back at him.

Once we get out of the lift, I lead him up to the rooftop of the building and through the stairs."Here we are!" I chirped as I took in a deep breath of air amidst the draft of the breezy wind."I have never been here before, how did you get access to the roof?" He questioned.

"Well, let's just say Jared knows his way really well around here," I said sheepishly as I flashed the access card in my hand to him.

"I'm going to pretend I don't know about this," He narrowed his eyes at me and shook his head before he sniggered.

"So why did you bring me here for?" He asked.

"For this!" I gestured towards the surrounding view that we can see from the pinnacle of this towering building that we stood at.

"What about this?" He said questionably as he followed me and we leaned against the railing on the edge.

"From this vantage point, don't you see how minor our troubles can be when you realise how tiny we are in this world?" I asked.

A weak smile etched on his face before he said to me, "I guess nothing gets past you right?""I don't know what's troubling you, but I hope getting this fresh air up here would help relieves your mind a little at least," I said to him.