Chapter 29

Hiccup laid back down on the left side of the bed and panted. Astrid was panting too. She took Hiccup's shirt and wore it. "I missed you." Hiccup said. "I missed you too." Astrid said. "When did you return?" "I returned home last night, but it was already midnight." Hiccup said. "I'm not deporting anytime soon, though. But I'll be working here on one of the army campus'" "Good because I'm not letting you go anytime soon." Astrid said. "Right, does Tuffnut know you're back, cause he was supposed to come over?" Astrid asked. "He didn't at the beginning, but I saw him before getting in the elevator." Hiccup said. "And by the way Astrid, your apartment looks nice. It's so you." "Thanks." Astrid said. She knew she had to tell him about her father. "What are you thinking of, milady?" Hiccup asked and rubbing of her waist. Astrid sighed. "Do you remember the car accident I told you about three years ago?" Astrid asked. "Yeah, you broke your arm then. What's wrong?" Hiccup said. "It was me and dad, not me and my college roommate." Astrid said. Hiccup sat up and so did Astrid. "He didn't make it, he died." Astrid said. "Oh gods, Astrid. I'm so sorry." Hiccup said and hugged her. Astrid buried her face in his neck. She sobbed. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I wanted I really wanted-." "Hey, hey. It's alright. I know why you didn't, it's alright." Hiccup said and kissed her head couple of times. Astrid took a deep breath and pulled away. She wiped her tears. Hiccup putted his hands on her face. "I'm fine. I'm fine." Astrid whispered and took a deep breath. "Babe, Astrid. It's okay, let it out." Hiccup said. "It was Christmas Eve and I was home to spend the holiday with dad. I went to the grocery store because the was literally empty." Astrid scoffed. Hiccup held her hands. She closed her eyes. "And unfortunately my car stopped working. I asked Ruff and Tuff for a ride, but none of them could. So, I called dad. He picked me and we were happy out of nowhere car crashed into ours. I don't remember a lot, but I remember opening my eyes and seeing dad all bloody. When I woke up again my hand was casted and had bandages over my forehead. I asked for my dad right away and they took me to him. He was all hooked on wires. Turns out he was brain dead. The hardest part was to donate his organs." Astrid sniffed. "Couple weeks later, I sold the house cause it really did hurt there." Hiccup hugged her. He rubbed her back. "It's my fault Hiccup. I could've walked home." Astrid said. "No it wasn't. You didn't know this would happen." Hiccup said and pulled away. "Look at me." He had his hands on her face. "It wasn't your fault and it'll never be." Hiccup said. "Okay?" Astrid looked away and nodded. "Astrid." Hiccup said sternly. Astrid looked into his eyes and nodded. "Good." Hiccup said. He wiped off her tears. They heard rain falling. "Great it's raining. We're not going anywhere." Astrid said. Hiccup stood up and wore his pants. "Hiccup, Where are you going?" Astrid asked. "I've been in desert for 5 years and I haven't seen a single raindrop for that long." Hiccup said. "And all I need is my shirt." "Wait, let me get dressed." Astrid said and chuckled. They got dressed and got down. Hiccup got under the rain. "Hiccup you're going to get sick." Astrid said. "Astrid come over here." Hiccup said. "I'm not." Astrid said. Hiccup pulled her in. "No Hiccup. I'm all wet." Astrid said. Hiccup pulled her closer. "Hiccup." Astrid whined. "What? Enjoy , it's raining." Hiccup said. "But we're all wet and you're going to get sick, probably me too." Astrid said. Hiccup took a step back and looked up to the sky. His hair was covering his face. "Are you planning to keep whining or come over here and enjoy the fact that it's raining?" Hiccup asked. Astrid stepped forward. "Happy?" Astrid asked and smiled. "Very." Hiccup said. He kissed her softly. "Astrid?" Hiccup whispered. Astrid answered with a hmm. "Will you marry me?" Hiccup asked. "What?" Astrid mumbled. "Yes, yes, yes." Astrid said and grinned. He wrapped his hands around her thighs and picked her up. She giggled and wrapped her legs around his waist as she already had her arms around him and kissed him passionately. They stayed there, playing under the rain for another half an hour. Forgetting about the rest of the world and enjoying the moment.