Chapter 9

Hiccup and Astrid got back to the hospital. Stoick was still in surgery, which made Hiccup more and more nervous. Astrid was worried about what will her father do, obviously not knowing that her father was responsible of what's happening right now. Astrid stood up of her place, she needed to clear up her head. "Hey, where are you going, Astrid?" Hiccup asked, holding her hand. "Uh.. I'll call dad and tell him that I'm staying with Heather." Astrid said. Great another lie, that's what she needed. "Are you staying?" Hiccup asked. "Of course I am." She said and smiled. He smiled gratefully. Astrid went out of the hospital building and sat on one of the benches out there. She sat there alone for a while until "I knew that I'll find you here." Fishlegs said. She jumped off her seat with one hand on her chest. "You know that by sneaking up on a person, you could kill them unless you wanted to kill me." Astrid said. "And let Hiccup kill me not a chance." Fishlegs said, sitting next to her. "What's wrong, Astrid?" He asked. "No-nothing." Astrid stuttered it out. "Come on, A. If I learnt something in these past 6 months, it would how terrible you are in lying." Fishlegs said "I realized something was wrong when Hiccup asked, I actually was surprised that he didn't realize." "My father knows everything about me and Hiccup." Astrid blurted out. "Oh my Thor that's bad, how did that happen?"
Flashback
Astrid was holding a picture of her and Hiccup that they took it at a photo booth. She forgot it in the living room, but thankfully her father didn't see it. When she found it, she immediately hid in one of her books. She was holding some of  her books when her father accidentally bumped into her. "Wow dad, thanks" Astrid said "Astrid." Her father crouched down with his daughter. "I'm sorry." He said, he picked the picture, he immediately stood up " its okay dad...." Astrid said, but she stopped talking when she looked up along with her heart. She stood up, "that's Hayden Haddock. Astrid this is the delinquent I've been searching for." Asmund said. "Dad.." she said softly. But he was too angry to listen to her. "Why is he with you in this picture?" He asked sternly. "He's my...boyfriend." Astrid said looking away from him. "You didn't know that he's delinquent, right?" Asmund asked. "I did, dad, but dad he's not the same. Hiccup has changed and so did the whole gang." Astrid said. "So met the gang? And when did this all happen?" He asked. "Yes I did and it all happened the day after my birthday." She said shakily. He let a dry chuckle out "6 months, 6 fucking months and you weren't planning to tell me even now. Okay, now you're going to tell me where they are." Asmund said, he was really mad. "I won't dad, I'm sorry. Dad I swear to you that they have changed, all of them and I'm not heartless to turn in the man that I love and my friends and right he's almost nineteen, so you don't call him delinquent or criminal anymore." Astrid said. Asmund didn't say another word and stormed off.
———————————————————
"Wow that's intense." Fishlegs said. "Gee thanks, Fishlegs." Astrid said, rolling her eyes. "And I have this bad feeling." "Astrid, didn't Hiccup tell you?" Fishlegs said. "Tell me what Fishlegs?" Fishlegs sighed "it was your father who shot Stoick." Fishlegs said. "Oh my god." Astrid stoop up. "My dad probably did it so he could find you guys, I'm so sorry." Astrid started crying, she felt so used. For the first time, she felt like this. "If I wasn't so careless in the first place this wouldn't have happened. I'm so sorry." "Hey Astrid, no it's not your fault, mistake happens. And also saved our asses from jail. Without you we were now in jail. You defended us, you challenged your father. It's okay, come here." He gave her a comforting hug. "But also because of me, Stoick is in there." Astrid sobbed. "Oh gods, Hiccup would never forgive me now." Fishlegs pulled away "Again Astrid you did nothing wrong, it's not like you pushed father to do it. And you know Hiccup." She said nothing. "Hey Astrid, you took.... Astrid what's wrong?" Hiccup came upon them, but thankfully he didn't listen to their conversation. "Nothing, it's just the whole hospital atmosphere just made remember mom." Astrid said, avoiding eye contact. She wiped her eyes and sniffed. "I'll leave you two alone." Fishlegs said. "No, it's okay. I'm fine, Let's just get in." Astrid said. She walked past Hiccup, but held her arm. "Seriously Astrid, what's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing. I just told you." She answered. Hiccup didn't want to push her more, so he stopped there. As soon as they got back to the others, the doctor came. "The surgery was successful." The doctor said. Astrid let breath out she didn't realize she was holding. "But you can't see him tonight, because it's already late. So, you all can go, but only one could stay." "You all can go, I'll stay." Valka said. "Mom you look tired, I could stay." Hiccup said. "If I went home, I'll  not get anything, but worry." She said "go now and you could come tomorrow at visiting hours." Hiccup knew there is no point in arguing. "Okay, if that's what you want." He hugged his mother and all of them left. Hiccup was driving Astrid home. "Astrid are you okay?" Hiccup asked, his eyes never leaving the road. "Yeah I am." Astrid said. "Astrid you're lying." He said. "For God's I am fine! Stop asking!" She snapped. That silenced Hiccup. After a few uncomfortable minutes of silence. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped-" Astrid said, but she didn't have the chance to continue since Hiccup cut her off by saying "it's okay." "Hey, do you want to stay with me tonight?" He also said. "Sure why not." Astrid said, smiling slightly. She needed to talk to Hiccup, but she didn't know when or how.