Chapter 13

ON MONDAY
"Astrid?" "Astrid?" "Astrid?" "Hmm yes, here. Sorry Mr. Felix." The teacher nodded. "Okay. Bailey." "Here." "Barry." "Here." "Caleb." "Here." "Daniel." "Here." "Diana." "Here." "Hayden." "Sir, he didn't come today." Heather said. Astrid bit her lips. She couldn't handle it anymore. She raised her hands. "Excuse me, can I go to the bathroom?" She said. "Okay, come fast." The teacher said. She left the room fast, she entered the bathroom and leaned on the nearest sink. She was breathing heavily. She was tired mentally and physically. The door opened. It was Valka. "Astrid, are you okay?" She said. "I am. Why are you here?" Astrid said. "We need to talk."
TWO DAYS AGO
Astrid came to Valka with two cups of coffee "Hey, May I join you?" Astrid said, smiling. "Sure." Valka said. She got in and handed her a cup of coffee. "Thought you might want it." Astrid said. "You're a lifesaver." Valka said. Astrid sat next to her. "I'm sorry, Mrs Haddock." Astrid said. "Honey, why are you apologizing?" Valka said. "It all happened because of me, if I wasn't careless this all wouldn't have happened." Astrid said. "Tell me everything from the beginning." Valka said. Astrid told her everything from what happened last day until today. "It wasn't your fault, dear." Valka said. "Why does everyone tells it isn't my fault, when it feels like it is." Astrid said, with a broken voice. "Astrid it was not. Sooner or later your father would've known and another thing you wouldn't want any harm to any of us. Even Cami and yes I heard your conversation earlier." Valka said. "Don't be so sure." Astrid mumbled. Valka chuckled. "But I'm not nervous, somehow I know Hiccup would believe me and everyone will. That's what confident of. At least." Astrid said. "You already have me by your side, dear." Valka said. "Thank you Mrs Haddock." Astrid said. "It's Valka."
"Okay, Valka." Astrid said. "And also an advice, don't ever apologize for something feeling bad." Valka said, putting her hand on Astrid's knee. "I'll try." She said. While with Hiccup, he was driving back to the hospital. He got a phone call from Camicazi. He answered the call putting on speaker. "Yes Cami." Hiccup said. "Hiccup, you need to listen to me." Camicazi said. "Astrid was behind this not her father. She was the one who told him." "What the hell are you talking? Are you even hearing yourself?" Hiccup said and stopped the car on the side of the road. "I was shocked as you, but that's the truth." Camicazi said. "There is no way." Hiccup said, shocked. "Ask her by yourself." She said and hung up. He drove back to the hospital. He got in the hospital and saw Astrid and Valka talking. "Hi Hiccup." Valka said. "Hey.." Astrid said too. "Hi." Hiccup said. "I'll go check on Stoick." Valka said. Astrid nodded. As Valka went, "I need to tell you something, Hiccup." Astrid said standing up and holding the collar of his jacket. "Me too." He said. "Okay go first." Astrid said. "Does your father know? About us?" Hiccup said. Astrid sighed and nodded. He stepped back with step. "Whatever Camicazi told you, I too have an explanation." Astrid said. "It was a complete accident." "I can't hear anything right now." Hiccup said, walking past her. She held his arm, moving in front of him. "Astrid, please." Hiccup said. "No Hiccup. You'll listen to me." Astrid said. Hiccup grabbed her arm and got out of the hospital. "Talk." Hiccup said. She was trembling. He for the first time looked scary. She told him everything. "Okay. You're done, right? Now go." Hiccup said coldly. "What?" She said her voice breaking. "I can't Astrid. My father is here because of you and your father." Hiccup said. "Now seriously did you believe Camicazi over me." Astrid said. "Yes, I did! She is always there for me unlike you she causes my whole problems!" Hiccup yelled. "Do you like her?" Astrid asked. Hiccup didn't answer. "Screw you both!" Astrid yelled. She left him there while he walked inside. Part of her wanted to go back and apologize , but the other didn't. She kept walking to anywhere her legs where taking her. She went to a cliff. "FUCK!" She yelled from the top of her lungs. She fell onto her knees. "Why is it always me? Why?" Astrid was breaking into million pieces. She was crying and screaming. It started raining and Astrid didn't have an umbrella or jacket. She put her hand on her chest. She felt the necklace. In moment of anger she ripped the necklace and threw it into the ground. The necklace broke. As soon as she realized what she have done, she immediately picked it. "No no no no no. It's okay I'll get it fixed."   She said to herself. She went to the nearest jewelry store, but it was closing. "Excuse me sir." Astrid said. "Oh dear, you're freezing." The storekeeper said. "No I'm okay, but can you fix this?" She asked. "I can. In matter of two days it'll be done, but you should get back home." He said. She gave him the necklace, but she realized something. There was H+A. "My house is near." Astrid said. She definitely was lying. "Okay." He said. Before he could say something she walked away. She went to Heather's. She knocked the door and waited for best friend to open. Heather opened. "Astrid what the hell?" She said. Heather was in complete shock. Astrid had puffy eyes and red face and socked wet. "Can I hug you?" Astrid asked. Heather pulled her into a hug not caring if she is going to get all wet. "I'm losing everyone, Heather. I can't lose you too." She said. That's when realized something. Sometimes it's better to have a best friend than a boyfriend.