Pet | 24. Tell her

"Joshua. You don't need to take care of me. I'll let you be free next time. I promise."

Joshua stared on Mei who was munching on a chocolate that he hid for her. She sounded determined on what she promised.

Mei had kept what she heard from the door. She heard his father selling out his son for the sake of money. Joshua hated the idea of staying with her, so why wouldn't she let him go?

She stole a glance at Joshua. There could be no denying that she really liked Joshua since nobody ever treated her much better than he did. Not sure if he was doing it for the money only.

They were still young and naive, yet he already did some pretty things for Mei. He let her eat food that she usually couldn't eat. She could do whatever she wanted as long as he was sure that she's gonna be safe. The only time that Mei was herself was when she's next to Joshua.

The two were bounded by arranged marriage. Since then, Hong Joshua was dedicated and trained to please Su Fu Mei. He never had a decent or normal teenage days because he had to stick on her who was years younger than him.

And Mei was aware of that. Because just like him, she had to learn on how to be a perfect wife or a woman.

The girl snatched his laptop and surveyed the page that he's on.

"Are you searching for universities in abroad?" Mei was amused.

He closed his laptop and faced her boringly. She should know that it was just a past time.

"You know that it's just a petty dream. My family wants me to stay beside you." Joshua frowned. He was afraid that he wouldn't have time to play around. His family wanted him to focus on his studies and on Mei. After that, they wanted him to focus on business and Mei. Himself was never been an option. He lived for someone and for something else.

Mei crumpled the wrapper of the chocolate and threw it in the nearest trash bin. She tried to remember any necessary information that might help Joshua.

"Kwon Daisy is in Korea."

"So what?"

Mei chuckled. Exactly her point, but everyone was really curious on that lady's life.

"She's the Kwon Princess. Number one in the richest family around the globe. If you can get next to her, it will benefit your family's business and name. South Korea is pretty far from your father's radar. You can move freely in there."

Joshua realized that Mei was smarter than any Su Fu's, but as they had her restrained because she was a girl and still young. He believed that she could do more if she wasn't in the grasp of her family.

Su Fu Mei could make her own world just like him.

He convinced his father to enroll him at South Korea, excusing that it was nice to be acquainted with Kwon Daisy.

He got her freedom once he flew away. He met good friends that his father really liked and experienced to fool around like he wished to.

But, Joshua never forgot about Mei who he left behind. She could move here for college, but he came up with a better plan. Mei just need to hang on.

As he was enjoying his college days, he met this lady who could be a help on his plans. He also grew attached to Hyejeong who he thought was as strong as he was. They had the same aspirations and hobbies.

"Hyejeong, help me." He plead.

Hyejeong sighed. Joshua was really persistent that even her personal life was being looked into.