Pet | 8. Mystery

"My dearest Mei!" An old lady approached us with her arms opened wide. She seemed to call me, but I didn't remember who she was.

Joshua gave a meaningful stare that I should be polite and as excited as the old woman. That's when I understood what he meant.

"Grandmother..." I hugged her her back too, still awkward.

Joshua told me that I came on China once but I was only a little kid. Maybe, that's a reason why I didn't remember anything about the place or even my grandparents. Not that my parents didn't introduce them to me, but they didn't let me see any visual explanations.

"Hong Joshua! You're late! I don't like tardy men! They are bad in business." An old man with large voice got down from the stairs.

Who wouldn't get the same confidence inside that house?

"I'm so sorry, grandfather. The inspection at both airports took time." Joshua apologized sincerely. Well, he was saying the truth. My grandfather didn't seem pleased.

"Stop talking about your damn business and look at your granddaughter! You haven't seen her for ages." My grandmother shouted on him which made him notice that I was there.

"Oh." He hugged me gently and patted my shoulder. "Hello, Mei." He said casually like he just saw me yesterday, then he gave his full attention on Joshua once again.

"Don't mind him. Your grandfather is like that and he will regret that he ignores you when you leave." I heard she whispered on me.

"He's really excited to see Joshua." I commented gladly. There was no problem about my marriage on him. Well, except for Hyejeong.

"Come on. You know our family very well. Our men live in business."

Grandmother guided me on our way to my room.

"This will be your room in your stay. Joshua's room is across yours. Don't do anything naughty at night, okay?" She joked but my attention flee to the guy who entered the car. I watched him through the window on my room.

He just came from a long trip and he was still leaving despite of being restless. My hand swiped on the window.

"Where are they going?" I asked lowly.

"Maybe something related to business." I felt grandmother's hand wrapped around mine. "Mei. You have to get used to this. Don't be a nuisance to Joshua. You have to understand him. His life will be devoted on our family's business before you." She explained calmly. Maybe, that was the thing she experienced with my grandfather.