Pet | 11. Understand

"Done!" I clapped my hand once after I placed the last dish on the table.

I looked proudly at the product of my hard work. After all I've been through in the market and my dilemma in the kitchen, I produced an edible meal for us.

"You really declined my offer to help you." Grandmother murmured. She was watching me whole the time as soon as she was done preparing for her date.

"You will have your date soon. How can I let you help me in the kitchen, grandmother?" I poked her side playfully and she laughed.

"It's not like me and your grandfather are still young. Even if I look like a witch, he will still love me the same." She boasted while fanning herself.

I could see how my grandmother cheeks reddened while her eyes twinkled. This was real love. It never gets old.

"Here I am, I thought that grandfather and you don't love each other." I confessed.

She looked surprised at my statement, but then bursted out laughing.

Grandmother gently held my hand and talked.

"The best love in this world is when you can understand each other. Your grandfather ran the company alone for me, so I can pursue the things that I want to. If you try to understand Joshua, you'll see how great man he is."

She was always saying that I should understand him. I thought that grandmother just fancied Joshua because he's good in his works, but she actually trusted him. Maybe, because she understand him better.

Lately, I've been always thinking about how can I make Joshua loves me or if he loves me. I was putting him in a situation that left me confused, troubled, and mad in the end.

A car honked, signalling that they have arrived.

I rubbed my hands on the apron while I panicked.

"T-they're here. I haven't fixed myself." I brushed my hair with my fingers. I almost ran in front of the nearest mirror, but grandmother stopped me and tucked the hanging strands of my hair.

"Darling, you look good." She complimented.

No. I definitely looked like a witch.