Pet | 20. Worth

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. The drapes was still down, making the room dark. I shouldn't keep the room looking lonely like I do.

I gathered all my strength to stand up, to start my day without Joshua for the first time.

I walked down towards the kitchen and made myself useful for the guy that I troubled.

But he arrived in first, he was talking with someone from work using his phone.

"Yes. Move all my schedule to tomorrow. I have something important to take care of today.

I smiled to myself. Last night, Minghao drove immediately to fetch me out of Joshua's house. He had no questions for me, and prepared a cozy place for me to stay-in. I was never been this thankful to any guy. Sometimes, I would like to think that he's a blessing who was sent to save me in all my misery. And he was addressing me as someone who was important that Joshua failed to make me feel so.

He turned off his phone and sighed heavily.

"The boys will go crazy if they know about this." He talked to himself.

"I'll go crazy if I don't step away from Joshua." I disturbed him.

Just like that, all of his worries were erased on his face. Minghao was considerate on my feelings. He didn't want me to think that I was troubling him. Now, I was guilty.

"Good morning." He greeted cheerfully.

"This means a lot to me, Minghao. Thank you." I said sincerely.

He laughed.

"This is nothing. Breakfast." He even moved the chair and assisted me to sit down.

"You cooked these?" I asked him as I saw the feast on the table. "Don't you have maids?"

"I do. But I don't ask them to do things when I can do it myself. And I'm free today." He replied confidently.

It was a lie. He wasn't free. He made time for me.

I gave him an amused look then he winked at me. He put food and rice on my plate and anticipated my comment about the food.

Well, it actually tasted very good. Everything about Minghao surprised me. He's good at everything.

"Is it good?" He asked nervously.

"Yes." I took another spoon and smiled at him.

He seemed satisfied as he joined me on eating.

"Do you want to go out? We can do anything you like." He offered.

My eyes twinkled. I didn't remember Joshua taking me out. This would be the very first time that I get someone to walk with me.

"Like a date?" I asked him excitedly. I never had a date even when I was in the States. I've always seen date in movies or read it on books. I wanted to experience it for once, because if I depended on Joshua, I would never have one.

"If you call it a date. Then, it's a date." Minghao agreed.

We drove to different places where I felt like I wanted so.

We fed fishes from the park and rented a bike. He even joined me on buying clothes in the mall, but I never heard him complain about the sun or about being tired. He even helped me on choosing outfits and introduced me to a good shops.

It was true that when you were enjoying, you would lose track of time.

"Come here, Mei." Minghao pulled me in a restaurant. It was past lunch time, so I tugged along with him.