Pet | 18. Get even

"I'll start now." I began to feel nervous. I was expecting Soonyoung, Joshua's friend, that's why I was pretty confident.

But now, I have this man who was extremely attractive yet very intimidating.

My eyes were now fixed on the PowerPoint presentation until he called me.

"Good morning, Ms. Mei. I hope that you know who I am." I didn't know if it was only me, but even his smile has an effect that scared people which I assumed that he didn't know.

He was sitting on the center and farthest chair of the table. His legs were crossed. He has a pen that he was playing on his hand. There were six bodyguards behind him and a few more behind the door.

"Yes, Mr. Kwon." I answered politely.

If I only knew it was the great Kwon Jiyong, I wouldn't be here. I've heard his name once from my family. They almost worshipped him, but in the end, he didn't take a deal with us.

Suddenly, Mr. Jiyong sat properly and looked at me with his cat-eyes. His gaze was piercing on my soul unintentionally.

"And I'm really bad at wasting time. I have a business to run and a family to take care. Hyejeong has sent me all the papers about your project." He was saying that he was bored. He wanted something new.

I panicked. I glanced at Minghao who was giving me a worried-look too. He couldn't do anything about my scenario also.

"I have no time for 40 slides of presentation." He added. I just didn't know where to start now.

He was looking at me, unimpressed.

"So, Ms. Mei. I have questions to ask on you." His slender fingers reached for the contract. I was waiting for his questions when he suddenly stopped on a certain page. Mr. Kwon scanned that page before looking at me.

"Do you understand your project?" His first question.

"Y-yes." I stammered even if I didn't need so. The question was easy.

"Don't you find it to absurd?"

"Sorry?"

Mr. Kwon began to play on the swivel chair.

"Isn't Hong Joshua has friends?" He asked Minghao meaningfully.

"He has, but they have their own business for now. He's afraid that they won't be able to support him now." Minghao answered politely.

Jiyong stared at him for seconds until he could accept that answer.

"I see. I guess it wasn't only a building that they consider as business. Even woman?" Mr. Jiyong chuckled and so Minghao.

I took a deep breath for the first time.

"This is a dreamy project to be honest. I heard Joshua first get to Taeyang because he's the nicest of us all. Then, he consulted Daesung. T.O.P declined the project immediately because he's way too busier than all of us. And, Seungri said he has doubts. They are my friends, Miss Mei." He informed.

I froze on where I stood because what should I react? They were the big five and I didn't want to offend their leader, which was the almighty Kwon Jiyong.

"Miss Mei, do you understand?"

"Yes. I do understand."

I playful grin plastered on his face.

Pet | joshuaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें