Pet | 23. Revelations

Start from the beginning

"Okay. Thank you." He answered politely.

I gave him another push to follow grandfather. He bowed to grandmother and followed the elder.

"What do they need to talk? It seems pretty serious that they can't talk in the phone." I asked grandmother who still has a grinning face plastered all over her.

"You know men. Everything is serious when it comes to business." She nudged me seriously. "When are you gonna give me my great grandchildren?"

"Grandma!"

And we both laughed.

Well, a little Hong Joshua wouldn't be so bad.

------------------------

"I'll bring them the juice." I snatched the tray from my grandmother.

I heard that Mr. Hong has arrived moments ago, but we didn't pass each other. I wanted to greet him properly since he's the father of my husband.

I excitedly walked to the library where the two gentlemen were having a conversation.

I was about to knock when I found out that the door was open. Being the snitch that I was, I decided to listen.

"I heard that you made a deal with the Kwon Family. Why aren't the profit named on the company?" Mr. Hong's voice was full of authority and strictness. He looked like that he could bend Joshua if he wished to.

Joshua ignored the question. I haven't asked him about his plans on his separated company that he established secretly.

"Joshua. What are you planning to?" His father was like a ticking bomb. He was ready to explode any minute that Joshua answered him wrong.

Yet, my husband was determined to ignore his questions.

"Father, why did you fly to talk to me?" Instead, he asked him a question back.

I looked at the little space. Mr. Hong stood up.

"I lost count on how long have you been playing this married life. Did you enjoy? Did your young wife understand you?" There was something in his voice and the way he looked at Joshua that sent shiver on me.

Joshua's jaw tightened. He already knew how the conversation would work.

"Yes. She breaks ours and her family beliefs. She's helping me on running the business."

Mr. Hong looked surprised. Then, he laughed really hard.

As if the switch was flipped, he swatted his hands and the tower of books on the study table flew across the room.

"Hong Joshua. The Su Fu Family falls in bankruptcy. To save their face, we bought their company and now you are telling me that you are letting her take place on it?" He said in a threatening voice.

I gasped silently. I couldn't believe that the Su Fu Family has gone down. Did that mean that we were all an employee of the Hong Family?

I bit my lip. I felt guilty. How long did my family experience the problems when they were able to give me a wealthy life? I enjoyed playing the princess life, without even thinking that we could go bankrupt.

"I'm still doing the majority decisions." Joshua tried to defend me.

Mr. Hong slammed the table. He was looking impatient and annoyed that he could hit Joshua any second.

"You lost Hyejeong. Everyone knows that she's a living asset. She closed the deal between the Kwon's, right?"

And his father knew about it too.