Chapter 28

"If you have no expectations, you will not be disappointed."
—Frei Fuyuki

The Empress | Chapter 28

"Kagami-kun," Kuroko watched the male from a distance, "You shouldn't let your towel touch the water."

The male looked out-of-place as he responded, rather confused. "What? Really?"

Inside the onsen were Koganei, Teppei, Izuki, and Hyuga. 

"Ah, viva-non." Koganei said in bliss as he slid deeper into the onsen.

Teppai looked towards the male curiously, "What's viva-non?"

Hyuga, who rested against the rocks with his eyes closed, cut in, "Who cares? Idiots."

Izuki was relaxed beside the two, "Your remarks are lacking bite, Hyuga."

"Of course they are." The captain stretched out his arms, "After all, we're at the onsen."

"This was a good idea," Teppai added.

"Yeah," Tsuchida nodded, "hot springs to refresh ourselves." 

"Tomorrow we're going right back to practice." Hyuga drawled lazily, "Don't lose focus."

"I know." Teppei smiled at the sinking captain.

"Look, look!" Koganei exclaimed while swinging his arms and legs back and forth swiftly, "I'm doing the butterfly!"

"I knew you'd do that, but don't do the wildest stroke." Izuki scolded.

"Hey," Furihata pointed at an area off to the side, "let's go over there."

"Sure." Fukuda replied with his hands on his hips, Kawahara right side the two.

Hyuga stood up suddenly, "Hey guys!" proudly displaying his naked glory as he pointed. "Don't tastelessly wear your towels around your waists." he turned towards Kagami, "Look at Kagami." they followed his gaze. "His towel casually slung over his shoulder." he began, their eyes trailing from the top of his head and down, "His dashing standing figure. And! His swim trucks..."

". . ."

He did a double-take, "His swim trucks?!"

"Huh?" Kagami looked confused before looking down at his shorts, "Oh, I've never been to an onsen before."

Hyuuga sighed exasperatedly, "Kids from abroad... Fine, then." he went to sit on the stool in the washing station and pointed at his back confidently, "Underclassmen wash their upperclassmen's backs."

"What?" Kagami looked reluctant.

Izuki sighed, looking at his friend, "You just want to make him do it."

"Like this?"

Hyuuga was down, laying on the ground in pain.

"Hyuga!"

"Huh? How'd that happen?" The redhead questioned, looking down at his brush.

"What's wrong with you?! That brush is for cleaning!"

After a moment, the captain recovered for the most part yet still looked blue. "I thought he was going to kill me."

Off to the side of the onsen, Nigou whimpered with his eyes closed as Kuroko foamed him up. The Phantom was surrounded by foam himself as his hair was held up with a green plastic circle.