Chapter 19

"We made it back from the edge of hell!"
Toyama Kintaro 

 The Empress | Chapter 19

It was early morning, the sound of multiple tennis balls could be heard from a sole tennis court. It was the practice match between Oni and Tokugawa. Most would be amazed seeing such a scene; the two high-schoolers were effortlessly playing with ten balls in total. 

But a certain white-headed, tanned skin high-schooler merely watched them with a smile. His eyes didn't bother following the multiple balls, instead, he said, "You're at it bright and early."

The two players ignored the male and continued their match. That is until he said the next line which made Oni stop in interest, all the balls bouncing passed them. "By the way, an interesting match is about to start." Tanegashima placed his palm on his cheek.

Tokugawa turned his full attention towards the male, "They came down from the mountains, didn't they?"

The white head merely giggled in response.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

"Hey, you guys are from Court 2, aren't you?" A certain Prince asked the jogging players.

"What about it?" Asked one of them, with narrowed eyes.

The Prince smirked, "Why don't we play a match?" behind him stood multiple players that looked beat-up like they've been through some hellish training with bruises and scars on them, along with ripped clothes here and there.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Atobe picked up an orange-tinted tea and took a slip before a satisfied smile tagged on his lips, "Nothing beats a cup of Single Estate tea after a workout like that."

"Big news!"

The King and a few others of the remaining middle-schoolers turned towards the source of the noise. 

"Kikumaru-kun, you're awfully noisy this morning." Kite, captain of Higa said from his table of seatmates.

The redhead panted, trying to catch his breath since he ran all the way to the Cafe. Everyone waited patiently for him as he said, "Court 2 is starting a match." 

"Court 2?" Fuji repeated in question, then turned to Atobe, "Do we have a shuffle match against Court 2 today?"

"No, Onigawara said we wouldn't be having a shuffles match for a while," Atobe responded, somewhat confused. Fuji turned back to Kikumura, "Then are they playing Court 1?"